SHILAJIT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Anyone tried SHILAJIT? I’ve heard many good things. The very expensive stuff seems to be a very concentrated tar like paste that you only need a rice grain size to mix in the water with.
Any experiences or is it just more snake oil?

vickster

Legendary Member
Take the first 3 letters and the last and you probably have your answer :whistle:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I do just fine with a bit of weak orange squash nicked from the kids. I rarely zoom around any more, so hydration is easy.

And i'm not fussy about food - anything from the cake section will do.

a.twiddler

Veteran
Either the OP is the person that the internet was made for with its promotion of fact free health products and wild theories which anyone can easily find the facts about with a few mouse clicks, or someone on a cycling forum who knows that just by lighting the blue touch paper and sitting back they can get the popcorn in and enjoy the fireworks while others light up the sky with their replies?

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
@Milzy
From what I get from your posts, you're a healthy enough chap who does a good amount of cycling but you keep asking about all these weird foods & supplements. Why do you think you need them?

Always looking for effective marginal gains. If I’m going to troll it won’t be about off the shelf legal food supplements. Some people 🙄

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Given there’s no positive scientific evidence, what good things have you actually heard beyond anecdote/marketing?

More energy less anxiety and better sleep.
The thing is some supplements will be decent but I’d bet the majority is all a money making scam.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
True. Unless you over reach and get into one of those exhausted holes I call an exercise hangover.
Yes, I've had a few of them...

I got back from one late autumn 200 km audax too tired to shower, eat, or even go to bed! I lay on the sofa dozing for hours before finally crawling up to bed, and then I think I slept in my sweaty cycling kit. Maybe I should have got the old SHILAJIT in! :laugh:

Top Bottom