Scuba Diving holiday of a lifetime. Where?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
The biggest benefit of liveaboards especially in the Red Sea are the night dives and you'd miss that on day boats.

Not so......we did night dives from the beach. My comments were directed at the op(and his experience) and I feel day boats will give him all the diving he wants plus bars and restaurants for the evening.....should he so wish.
Of course, I have been wrong before but thats how I see it 🙂

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Agreed, Red Sea would be a favourite due to its short flight time and fabulous diving. You’ve got the choice of Israel or Egypt. Don’t know if the very tight security might put you off. I was in Israel and whenever I went diving there was gun boat shadowing us and lots of armed military personnel on shore. I imagine Egypt would be similar.

vickster

Legendary Member
had a friend go to Belize. I believe he had a very good time. looks like there are all inclusive dive resorts

No direct flights to Belize from the UK, and flights to Mexico for example are much longer than 6 hours, then you have a significant transfer/connecting flight (plus a 5 hour time difference for the jet lag)

The only time I've ever snorkelled was actually in Belize :smile:

rivers

How far can I go?
Malta and Gozo is supposed to be absolutely cracking for diving. I really enjoyed Croatia, but it was mostly deep wrecks and when I dived regularly, that was my thing

OP
OP
Chap sur le velo

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Thanks to all.
Red Sea looking like favourite ticks most boxes.

Have dived in Malta but sea was cool in October and won't be warmer when I go. Also there's something special about the unfamiliarity of tropical fish.

ricknmorty28

I also dived in the red sea, I definitely recommend this sounds so fun, I like to try and dive a couple times a year:smile: I would recommend for anyone whos a bit older to maybe take out some life insurance, I got mine with sports fs they were really helpful. Hope you have fun!

GuyBoden

Guru
For Coral Reefs, I've been to both the Red Sea and the Great Barrier reef, both are fantastic. But, I was surprised at how good the coral was at the Red Sea, Sharm el Sheikh, I pick the best location from a coral map.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
if this were the unbucket list thread then surely a gravel pit near Grimsby would be the location of choice...

Top Bottom