Sainsbury's credit card being declined

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Just a heads up in case anyone else is in the same situation.

I have a letter dated 1 March 2024 saying that Sainsbury's are sending out a new card but to continue using the old one in the meantime.

No new card has arrived but on from 12 March my old one is being declined. I have just spoken to customer support and apparently the cards issued on 1 March are delayed somewhere in the post. So there's nothing wrong with my account but the time elapsed since the missing cards were sent out means that the old card has been stopped.

I'm annoyed that Sainsbury's seem to have made no effect to inform customers of this - they are quick enough to text me with reminders to pay the bill or that my credit limit has been changed.

And now the danger is that the lost cards have been stolen and could be used fradulently.

vickster

Legendary Member
I managed to misplace my Sainsburys card last week in the house...waiting on a new one still.
I'd just keep an eye on the app for any dodgy transactions :smile:

They hissed me off royally last year too.

Decided on their own initiative to issue us with new cards, because “the existing cards may have been compromised”.

New ones turned up, both with Mrs Optic’s name on! Took the about two weeks to sort it all out during which we were unable to use the account.

They’re on a final warning

OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Well I got the new card shortly after my post above. Didn't use it until last Friday. First use entered the pin. Used it a second time about an hour later. No problems.

This afternoon tried to use it for shopping in Sainsbury's. Card declined.

Came home and cut it up. I'm not wasting time ringing up to find out what the problem is this time.

Royal Mail are shocking recently. Seems lots of stuff has had long delays. It's all a bit random. I purchased a micro sd card from amazon. It was collected by Royal Mail but never arrived so was refunded. A while back I ordered a RWG sim which never arrived after a few weeks when it should have just taken a couple days and so they sent a new sim which arrived in a couple of days and then a couple of days after that the original sim turned up. I've had to claim for a few items that haven't arrived. I ordered some stuff from Aliexpress and all the stuff that was sent by Evri arrived but there were delays on the royal mail items and one item didn't turn up at all. I ordered some trainers on ebay and twice they pretended they had tried to deliver them when I was in both times and when I went to collect them at the sorting office they had already sent them back to the seller much to my and the seller's annoyance. It was well within the time they shouldn't have sent them back so can only assume they had limited space or something. It has been reported that Royal Mail are short staffed in my area. I guess Sainbury's are also having to deal with this crap as well except no doubt its happening to hundreds maybe thousands of their customers.

Top Bottom