RANS Stratus XP for sale - standard frame size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulM

Guru
Suggested height range (5' 2" to 5' 9").

A rare opportunity to obtain a RANS Stratus XP in very good condition. I bought this because I wanted something faster than the recumbent trikes I had. I found it be much faster whilst being easy to handle in traffic.

This bike has newly installed dual disc wheels with Shimano hubs and Tektro brakes, a 26-38-48 triple crankset with 165mm cranks, an 11-32 9-speed lightweight cassette, high end SRAM X-9 rear derailleur and X-0 grip shifter, Shimano Sora front derailleur with SRAM multi-ratchet front grip shifter, the RANS standard seat.

This standard frame size has a weight of 6.7 lbs, a wheelbase of 68” and is for a 32.2"-43.7" X-Seam. I’m 5’8 with a 30” in-seam and a 42” x-seam. Whilst it will accommodate someone a little larger it would make the weight distribution more tail-heavy with the seat further back.

Note the rack is a lightweight rack from Bacchetta but it’s not a disc rack so I had to remove the left leg to accommodate the disc calliper. I use a tail bag or small pannier on the right but it would need a different rack to carry a touring load.

Use: not a high mileage, still on the first build chain, cassette and rings without issues.

Faults: I’ve darned the seat mesh back in a couple of places with high strength man-made thread after a couple of small holes appeared - now fine but don’t wear cycle jerseys with back pocket zips! A recent close inspection found nothing of note although the small rear chainstay bridge tube did show a little rust egress from the hole where the mudguard attaches.

Alterations: I replaced the custom RANS headset adjuster with a standard star nut and stem to allow for more options (e.g. folding stem). I shortened the steerer a little so the original adjuster cannot be reinstalled. The handlebar fairing is just 5” plastic tape so easily removed. I find it helps keep a cold wind off you.

Inclusions/exclusions: sold as shown in the photos except for the soft luggage, pedals and light fittings. I will install a NOS Shimano UN-55 BB to replace the TA-Axix titanium BB which I want to keep. I will include the original Greenfield chainstay kickstand instead of the nasty Halfords one in the photo.

Price: £1400 if you come and collect it, £1500 if you want me to deliver it or rendezvous. I’m near Portsmouth, Hampshire but can contemplate driving pretty much anywhere in Southern England, South Wales or the Midlands. Happy to answer any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_20240505_134105_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240505_134105_HDR.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240505_133758_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240505_133758_HDR.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240505_133706_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240505_133706_HDR.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom