Pembroke-Gt Yarmouth record attempt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Got awfully close to the 12 hour record too, which I assume wasn't set on as hilly terrain as this ride.

Gwylan

Veteran
Odd things people do or feel driven to do.
But "chapeau"!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Fantastic achievement.

Somewhere I have my route plans for a similar ride (that I never did, and probably never will now). I was planning to take 6 days! staying with friends along the way.

Why Great Yarmouth? I mean, love Norfolk and all that, but Ness Point in Lowestoft is furthest east.
Good question. Lowestoft was where my planned side-to-side started. I guess once the precedent is set and the records are for that route then it doesn't change. The makers of that original decision may not be around to ask.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Fantastic achievement.

Somewhere I have my route plans for a similar ride (that I never did, and probably never will now). I was planning to take 6 days! staying with friends along the way.

Good question. Lowestoft was where my planned side-to-side started. I guess once the precedent is set and the records are for that route then it doesn't change. The makers of that original decision may not be around to ask.

It’s not specifically a most westerly to most easterly record is it? For that you need to start somewhat further north. Besides you can imagine them having fun jumping on the cycle track to reach the Ness at the end.

I suppose you could have Loch Ness to Lowestoft Ness 😁

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It’s not specifically a most westerly to most easterly record is it? For that you need to start somewhat further north. Besides you can imagine them having fun jumping on the cycle track to reach the Ness at the end.

True. But it still seems odd to have chosen Gt Yarmouth over Lowestoft. Both pretty close together and pretty much the whole of Lowestoft (or a lot of it, anyway) is further east than the most easterly point of Gt Yarmouth. You don't actually have to go to the most easterly point of Lowestoft if you don't want to. But it doesn't really matter at all, it's just a curiosity.

If tradition dictates that it's Gt Yarmouth, then Gt Yarmouth it is. It's an amazing achievement.

Like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom