Paul Walker from 2 Fast 2 Furious has died

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I am going to a local car meet at the end of December and there have been comments about a 1 minute silence or 1 minute of noise (not sure Tesco will appreciate that though).

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I am going to a local car meet at the end of December and there have been comments about a 1 minute silence or 1 minute of noise (not sure Tesco will appreciate that though).
I shall buy some shares in Dunlop.

AndyRM

XOXO
One should also judge a person on what they have done in their life. As a person of wealth he was not a normal celeb but one who give millions and did loads for charity to improve the lives of people who were no where near the same position he was in. He was traveling to an event for charity that day. A bad event and the world is lesser for it. He was known world wide which is why he made international news. The Glasgow event for example is more of a national example of news.

I apologise if I'm misreading this, but you seem to be suggesting that Paul Walker's death is more significant because he was rich and famous, rather than a mere Weedgie enjoying a pint.

And do you genuinely believe that the world is "lesser" because the man is dead?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Pretty unpleasant thread this. :headshake:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
9 people died on friday night in a pub in Glasgow. Whilst it has hit the headlines here, I doubt if it even made a single episode of the evening news stateside.

An American friend of mine in New York tells me the helicopter crash was well covered in US media. Indeed, it prompted her to write to me about it.

GC

Top Bottom