No TV licence - anyone else?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Incredibly the local junk press has decided to charge to view at £4.99 a week. That makes the BBC TV licence looks an absolute bargain.

albion

Guru
Not bothering with Discovery Plus now, I am finally getting my moneys worth with the license.
It was always a worthy project, supporting thousands of British jobs.

Even the ad TV is well regulated, the US getting 15 to 17 mins of ads per hour compared to our 7 mins.

Drago

Legendary Member
The only opinion was my final sentence, and I may have been a little tongue-in-cheek with that.

The rest of it is cold hard fact.

AndyRM

XOXO
The cold hard fact that he was suspended on full pay like a lot of people in that situation before being found not guilty of any allegations levelled at him via a notoriously untrustworthy newspaper?

Those cold hard facts?

albion

Guru
Easy targets. Sitting on a sofa eating crisps and talking footie with your mates pays triple. Well, at least if you support Leicester.

I suppose it could be free if cyclists paid road tax.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
The cold hard fact that he was suspended on full pay like a lot of people in that situation before being found not guilty of any allegations levelled at him via a notoriously untrustworthy newspaper?

Those cold hard facts?

It's the waste of money that interest me, approximately £330 large spent paying someone to do nothing. That is the nub of it.

Seeing as you mentioned it though, as for the "not guilty" bit, that he was sending saucy and overbearing messages to two young ladies was outside the scope of the BBC investigation because they were not emoloyees - the investigation revolved solely around his alleged behaviour towards BBC staff and whether or not he had broken any in house BBC rules. That is the cold hard fact as regards the Beeb's inquiry.

The messages screenshotted in the media could have been faked by the multiple outlets reporting upon them. Or the could be real. Either way, that wasn't the matter the Beeb looked into. Read the full public statement from the Beeb - very delicately worded.

albion

Guru
I suppose we could copy the US who seem ever keen to tax any imports that are cheap.
A 50% levy on Netflix, Prime and Disney could go a long way to getting rid of the license fee.

AndyRM

XOXO
It's the waste of money that interest me, approximately £330 large spent paying someone to do nothing. That is the nub of it.

Seeing as you mentioned it though, as for the "not guilty" bit, that he was sending saucy and overbearing messages to two young ladies was outside the scope of the BBC investigation because they were not emoloyees - the investigation revolved solely around his alleged behaviour towards BBC staff and whether or not he had broken any in house BBC rules. That is the cold hard fact as regards the Beeb's inquiry.

The messages screenshotted in the media could have been faked by the multiple outlets reporting upon them. Or the could be real. Either way, that wasn't the matter the Beeb looked into. Read the full public statement from the Beeb - very delicately worded.

Fair enough I suppose, though I'd disagree that being treated for mental health issues is doing "nothing", been there and it's no walk in the park, although I'd imagine where he went was considerably fancier.

As for the money, I can think of far bigger wastes of it, but that's definitely NCAP territory (where as far as I know he's never been brought up).

Mo1959

Legendary Member

Shows how much attention I paid, I thought it was young guys :laugh:

Can’t see him working for the BBC again though.

Top Bottom