Mounts For Cameras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cullin

Über Member
Hi All, Merry Christmas.
I have just recieved my Christmas Pressy, An ATC5K, I wonder if those of you out there that have experimented with different ways of actually mounting the camera could help, I have the Trike (Ice Q) with Pannier rack. My cycle helmet is not the best shape to fit on it.
If you could post photos of the various ways you mount them, it may also help others.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
On my two wheeler bent, I have a minoura space grip mounted to the front derailleur post, and that's what I mounted my ATC2k on.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Cullin said:
Hi All, Merry Christmas.
I have just recieved my Christmas Pressy, An ATC5K, I wonder if those of you out there that have experimented with different ways of actually mounting the camera could help, I have the Trike (Ice Q) with Pannier rack. My cycle helmet is not the best shape to fit on it.
If you could post photos of the various ways you mount them, it may also help others.

Hmm someone should do a youtube video on mounting..

...a cam I mean :biggrin:

Cullin said:
Hi All, Merry Christmas.
The ATC 5K looks particularly bulky and I don't think my neck muscle could support it :rolleyes:; I've just opted for mounting it :smile: on my bars.

OP
OP
Cullin

Cullin

Über Member
Went out yesterday, wrapped in 3 layers of everything, bitterly cold at speed, anyway on the trike I put a stem from my mountain bike on the on the front (now takes the camera and front light, I also got 18" of Alloy tube and clamped it to the rear pannier rack so that it stuck out level with the front wheels, also the helmet mount, but did bot want to use it in public. Got some video, and have played with 'Any Video Converter' changed it to WMA Not into it yet, May need some help from the those who use it.

bonk man

Gorillapod with a few elastic bands for extra security has been enough for keeping my little digi camera attached, doesn't do anything to stop vibration though:biggrin: It has been used off road on a rigid bike and all stayed on ok after a bit of experimenting.

OP
OP
Cullin

Cullin

Über Member
That looks good, just need a remote to make it walk and you have a pet.
I am in the process of getting my shot of yesterdays ride to YouTube, will let you know when it's ready, seems resonably steady as the ICE has suspension.
Cheers Bonk man

OP
OP
Cullin

Cullin

Über Member
Managed to get the Ride video uploaded.

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BrwuaWFXra0

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
HLaB said:
Where's that option ?

PS do you know why some videos uploaded let you watch in high quality and others do not?

To get HQ vids you need to encode at 720pixels 3kps or above... so dvd quality

I think the other bit is under "my account" then "edit channel" then the bit down the bottom "who can comment":smile:

Each video needs its own "pending" iirc.

Cullin said:
When you look at your YouTube account and have the video in front of you, click on Edit next to Play.

downfader said:
To get HQ vids you need to encode at 720pixels 3kps or above... so dvd quality

I think the other bit is under "my account" then "edit channel" then the bit down the bottom "who can comment":smile:

Each video needs its own "pending" iirc.
Cheers :evil:

Top Bottom