Looking for 700C front wheel (NOT disc type). Current wheels are Mavic Aksium.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
Sorry, I can't help re a new wheel but thank you for helping me map that the phrase 'put me on' is in common usage as far south as Rotherham.

I feel that sourcing a replacement wheel below normal retail is not going to be easy if I want new. Although pre owned wheels are cheaper, there is no guarantee that they will fit the cycle

Kev has been very helpful. I have been snookered by the fact that the length of wheel hubs are not all standardised. I do wonder how many varients there are in respect hubs/types etc.

Ajax Bay

Guru
snookered by the fact that the length of wheel hubs are not all standardised. I do wonder how many varients there are in respect hubs/types etc.
Well if the hub is 'normal' ie for rim brakes then surely it's 100mm OLD and presumably secured by a QR. Who says they are not 'standardised'? You've said 'not disc'. Maybe specify axle type - amend OP, to help donors. My wheels are too old / have too many spokes for anyone sporting 'Axioms'.

Last edited:
Merlin have competitive prices on wheels, you can just buy a front (although they seem to be lacking stock).
Pair of Aksiums for £170
https://www.merlincycles.com/mavic-aksium-one-clincher-road-wheelset-75460.html
Decathlon will sell you a front Aksium for matching at £99
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/700-mavic-aksium-road-front-wheel/

Yes I saw that. I think the stores that only sell in pairs would do more buisness if they sold only what the customer needed.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes I saw that. I think the stores that only sell in pairs would do more buisness if they sold only what the customer needed.

I assume they come in pairs from their suppliers. Most people probably want a matching pair if unable to rebuild (I would)
You could always get a single wheel built by your LBS or a company like Spa in Harrogate if not fussed

walkman-man

I have a nice Fulcrum wheel if you're still looking?

Top Bottom