LEL 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Facebook reports that CC riders still going strong, and finding friendly faces at various controls.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
upload_2017-8-3_9-17-51.png

Browser

Guru
Sorry I missed you coming through Crowland Andy, I was asleep..........:eek:

I bailed yesterday at Brampton on the way back. Enjoyed it, hated it, fought it and having reached Edinburgh I thought I was on my way to making it. Between Innerleithen and Eskdalemuir on an uphill start late at night with overshoes on I missed my clip-in, my front wheel went in a ditch, I fell forward and landed on my handlebars with my chest. I knew it was bad right away, but continued to Eskdalemuir which was full of wet and miserable people with no beds. I then limped from there to Brampton, ate, showered slept a couple of hours and then scratched, still with an hour in hand. I got a train back to London, sure I have broken rib(s) I don't think I had any option, as I was just about to hit a hilly bit and I wouldn't have been able to push through it.

Tim Hall

I bailed yesterday at Brampton on the way back. Enjoyed it, hated it, fought it and having reached Edinburgh I thought I was on my way to making it. Between Innerleithen and Eskdalemuir on an uphill start late at night with overshoes on I missed my clip-in, my front wheel went in a ditch, I fell forward and landed on my handlebars with my chest. I knew it was bad right away, but continued to Eskdalemuir which was full of wet and miserable people with no beds. I then limped from there to Brampton, ate, showered slept a couple of hours and then scratched, still with an hour in hand. I got a train back to London, sure I have broken rib(s) I don't think I had any option, as I was just about to hit a hilly bit and I wouldn't have been able to push through it.
Hell's teeth, that sounds rather like type 2 fun. Hope you're mended soonest.

Top Bottom