Labels. What's the bloody point?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I bought a pair of Castelli Bib shorts today and very happy I am with them too....except for the bloody label. Obviously, you can't try bib shorts on so I bought them off the rack knowing the size I take and it fits me perfectly (was a bargain too!) The problem emerged when I got home and put it on. It has a label which lies midway between my hip and my bottom rib and is unnecessarily and stupidly WAY too long. In fact, it's not needed at all since I will never read what it contains. It's been made in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the wise(r) folk there have done a decent(ish) thing and there's a broken line guide with a picture of a pair of scissors showing where you may wish to cut this extraneous label away from. I've tried this before with labels in other items of clothing only to make the cut label irritate more with its jaggedy edge. Gloves are the worst garments for labels, often getting in the way but socks don't have labels so why the hell do they think gloves can't do without them?

It's not just clothing though. ALL my grandsons' (we've two of them now!) cuddly toys have the realism aimed for by the manufacturers completely ruined by the stupid label sticking up or down or out of the toy's head, bottom, back or anywhere else they can stick them. What's the bloody point in a label on a kid's fluffy toy?

Labels irritate me more than those medical 'professionals' who tell people how they should breathe! The recipient of this sage information has defied medical science by living as long as they have without being taught how to bloody breathe! How amazing! Should anyone ever attempt to teach me how I should breathe they will be receiving my honest and fulsome opinion on their well-meaning but utterly pointless information.

Take a deep breath.....
Now count to 3....

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
You have Dudley Moore and Peter Cook to blame for the label conundrum:

CLIVE:
The Honda was no f****** good at keeping the sun out. And then, er, I made another mistake, I jumped on my dark glasses and tried to, you know, zoom up to Kilburn at hundred miles and hour on the dark glasses ..... I was sat on them and, er, didn't f****** move. I was, I felt a ***t, you know, I was sitting in the middle of the road, trying to rev up on a pair of polaroids, you know.
DEREK:
Yeah, yeah.... They should f******* label things mate!

Last edited:

Roxy641

Paul,

I understand that completely. It is annoying. I suspect the reason for this is for shop security. There should be a way around this, like have goods in the shop that people can look at/try on, but the one they buy could be without a label. I guess it would mean they would need extra space in the back room of the shop/store though.

"......I've tried this before with labels in other items of clothing only to make the cut label irritate more with its jaggedy edge. Gloves are the worst garments for labels, often getting in the way but socks don't have labels so why the hell do they think gloves can't do without them?
It's not just clothing though. ALL my grandsons' (we've two of them now!) cuddly toys have the realism aimed for by the manufacturers completely ruined by the stupid label sticking up or down or out of the toy's head, bottom, back or anywhere else they can stick them. What's the bloody point in a label on a kid's fluffy toy?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Rivelo Honister bibs don't have a label,for at very reason, washing spinstructions are printed on the inside of the back bit. Very thoughtful and way cheaper than castelli (on sport pursuit) for similar quality.

Top Bottom