Jobs you hate !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The worst job is the one that pays the bills, i am physically depressed every monday .

D

Deleted member 1258

Hopefully, I can be more generalist...

DIY
Gardening
Shopping

The evil triumvirate that are a complete waste of life and are best sub-contracted wherever possible.

How anyone can possibly get pleasure from any of them is beyond me.

I like gardening, shopping is just a chore I have to do and DIY is something I'll do but I'd much rather leave to the professionals, if I can find one.

Drago

Legendary Member
Emptying the dishwasher is a time consuming, soul destroying task, utterly devoid of any interest or enjoyment. I detest it so much we never use the dishwasher, preferring to wash up in the sink when the butler is in his day off.

D

Deleted member 1258

Emptying the dishwasher is a time consuming, soul destroying task, utterly devoid of any interest or enjoyment. I detest it so much we never use the dishwasher, preferring to wash up in the sink when the butler is in his day off.

We've never owned a dishwasher.

Drago

Legendary Member
Ours just gets used as an extra cupboard for the large saucepans.

Alex321

Veteran
Hopefully, I can be more generalist...

DIY
Gardening
Shopping

The evil triumvirate that are a complete waste of life and are best sub-contracted wherever possible.

How anyone can possibly get pleasure from any of them is beyond me.

A lot of people enjoy one or both of the first two. My wife is a keen gardener, I would enjoy it if I got to do a bit more, buty all she really lets me do are the heavy jobs.

I enjoy some DIY, not so keen on some bits.

Shopping - again some people enjoy shopping, at least the non-essential. I can't imagine many people enjoy the weekly grocery shop, although it certainly isn't "job I hate".

Drago

Legendary Member
The worst job is the one that pays the bills, i am physically depressed every monday .
Sort it out, be bold!

After having to retire from the dibble on health grounds Mrs D took a few years out wnd then retrained as a teacher. She had just been doing the job long enough to hate it when covid came along. Because of her MS the principal gave her the task of replacing his outgoing PA in order to shield her (at no loss of pay, bless him) as she was medically vulnerable.

This showed her that there is a life outside that which she thought she was saddled with and last year she took a job as a School Admin Manager at the lwrgest school in Poshshire, and just last week started as Director of Business for a group of primary schools in MK where she's in charge of all non-teaching staff and business functions and processes. She's now coming home every day with a big grin on her face.

From teacher to director in 3 years and 2 months, almost trebling her salary along the way. Sure, compared to me she's very driven but if she could do it so could you me old mucker. Hate to think of any of my CC homies in misery, so grit your teeth, make the change and make us all proud. You only get one crack at life, don't waste 5/7ths of it in misery.

My only skills are shooting people or hitting them with a stick, so there isn't much out there for me and I'm too old to go back to BGing or contracting (55 is the typical cut off for hiring and that's where I'm at) so I'm happy with a life of mediocrity as a house husband. Ive decent financial provision so Ive learned to accept my lot and find happiness in the routine so I guess I'm lucky. I've had my crack up and come out the other side calmer and more accepting.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Your wish is my command. I shifted a bit of my wash so you could see. It's nice and very well made. Note the strategic screw into the ceiling to relieve some of the 'strain' on the wall when hauling the washing up.

View attachment 688080

very smart, I remember we had one when I was but a nipper.

I was putting a coupe of hook rails the other other day have similar but slightly different drilling issues, due to "stuff behind the plaster board I couldn't see when I started drilling". ended up with the holes 8-10mm higher than where i started drilling and switching bits as they ended up into a wooden joist. Despite a few frowns from the other half whilst in progress, they ended up level, joining seamlessly, and the drilling issues hidden behind the wooden rail bits.

also gave me a chance to used my late dad's favorite phrase: "bairns and fools should never see a job half done!"

I like ironing too, preferably with the TV on.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Shopping.

Shopping.

And.....

Shopping....
the bonus of working in a supermarket is never having to 'go' shopping. I just pick up a few bits and bobs after work each day :okay:

Trimming the hedge, but not so much the trimming bit but the fecking about with one of these platforms...
602KK_P?wid=257&hei=257&dpr=on.jpg

This year I'm gonna take the height down by a good 12" so all I'll need in the coming years is this handy little thing...

845290059_03c_bq?$MOB_PREV$&$width=618&$height=618.jpg

Top Bottom