Votes: 375 26.3%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 301 21.1%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 168 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 252 17.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is it 80 Miles total each day you commute? Or will it be a 40 Mile commute and you stay for a day or two, then 40 miles home?

Just once or twice a week, definitely not every day!

My commute at the moment is under a mile. From October though, it'll go up to 40 miles one way!

Mine's 70miles each way (or at least was, it'll be about 60miles now), I use the train to make it doable. 4 miles to the station, 50mins train, 11-13miles cycle to my old office (that's becoming 0.6miles :stop:). I only cycled the whole way to the office once I wish I had more often

It was 51miles to my old job that wasn't on a rail line and whilst I cycled the whole way a few times, I mainly drove to a distance I was comfortable with 8, 12 or 17miles and cycled that.

Last edited:

EckyH

24,2km (15.04 miles) one way usually twice a week, fortunately fairly flat with the trusty Robinson.
IMG_20240317_181054_01.jpg

...how the donkey is called.

E.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
mines the opposite
8.5 in the car , 9.7 on the bike to avoid a dangerous roundabout .

I could obviously tip the balance a bit more, however it's diminishing returns in terms of fuel saved versus time taken, plus parking is limited further out. I'd be happy to do a longer ride on the way home but don't really want to get up any earlier as it's already killing me..

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I could obviously tip the balance a bit more, however it's diminishing returns in terms of fuel saved versus time taken, plus parking is limited further out. I'd be happy to do a longer ride on the way home but don't really want to get up any earlier as it's already killing me..

On early shift I'm up at 3.45 am

Roadrat77

I don't commute now because I'm done with the rat race thankfully but I used to do twelve miles a day on one of the busiest arterial roads into Birmingham City centre. It was bad enough back in the nineties but I wouldn't do it now for the best job on the planet - which it wasn't.

I was going to get off the train early for my next commute, so I could get a decent cycle commute in, but the weather is turning 🌧️ & :cold: again, FFS (dont google that kids) so I'll probably stay on the train now and opt for the 4miles to the station and the 0.6 mile scoot round the giant carpark at the other end :sad:

Top Bottom