Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I've booked my holiday dates off work - a week in June, another in July, and another in August!
Nothing set in stone, I'll just wait and see how things turn out. Depending on the weather, I'll be quite happy just doing days out from home by bike or motorbike. Where I'm allowed to go will of course depend on HRH Nicola Sturgeon; and where it's actually worth going to will depend on what's open.
I might even venture south into Englandshire if I can find a hotel that is a) open for business, and b) doesn't require the sale of internal organs to pay for it.
I've been working throughout this lockdown thing and the opportunity for spending has been very limited, so I feel I can treat myself a wee bit..... :smile:

postman

Legendary Member
Daughter should be counting the days down to revisiting New York, to celebrate finishing Uni but that got kicked in to touch.Us on the other hand,we normally book our summer holiday in Dec or early Jan. Well we did not because we knew both kids would be looking for jobs and homes,so we let it slide,What a let off ,because this year being our 30th Wedding Anni we were going to go a big holiday do, That would have meant thousands down as a deposit,,So we have been lucky.. So a roam around the garden instead.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Supposed to be diving in the Red Sea at the end of August. A 'phone call is due to come from the travel agent tomorrow, but I and those I was going with are expecting a cancellation. :sad:

Drago

Legendary Member
We should be up in Orkney next week for a fortnight :cry:

Part holiday, part property recce with a view to re-locating if finances and the like allow.

The accommodation is now pencilled in for September, and the ferries are cancelled waiting to re-book as soon as we can :okay:
Ah, thinking of becoming a ferry-louper? Fantastic stuff!

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Supposed to be diving in the Red Sea at the end of August. A 'phone call is due to come from the travel agent tomorrow, but I and those I was going with are expecting a cancellation. :sad:
Have you dived red sea before?
Which part where you diving ?
I have some wonderful memories of diving there.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just booked a week in Somerset at a site for our caravan from 4th July.
No deposit paid and site owner quite happy to cancel or defer booking.
If things change, regarding places opening up, we'll go away and book a couple of extra weeks at other sites to follow on from the first one.

gavgav

Guru
Holding out some hope that we will be allowed to get to our caravan, before the year is out, but other than that, not booking anything until well into next year.

gbb

Legendary Member
I suspect unless anyone has booked ahead, holidays in this country, camping, hotels, etc etc are either going to be impossible to find, or very expensive. Supply and demand will inevitably drive prices up.
We were going to Alanya Turkey, a wonderful place...we may have to settle for odd days on the east coast. Not much but this year is a write off.

GM

Legendary Member
I fancy a couple of trips to Durham and maybe one to Barnard Castle. That should be okay if I have coronavirus symptoms and a four-year old in tow, right?

Don't forget to get your memorabilia T-Shirt!....

Top Bottom