Hiking boots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Looking for a pair of water proof walking boots. Dog walks etc . Currently using my Solomon shoes but really for spring summer. All you hikers what you wearing ? Dont mind spending a bit for something that lasts or should I say the boss is buying :laugh:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Merrell

Chief Broom

Veteran
I used to buy expensive walking boots but now use 2nd hand army Altberg boots of ebay. Can get different grades ie good,very good, as new etc and are good value :okay:

Meindl but can't recall the style. Beautifully made and very comfortable. The deciding factor for me was the soles can be replaced meaning if I care of the uppers correctly these will last me for life.

I paid £235 about five years ago and they're still in great condition.

Also have some Meindl here, used them yesterday although mine are suede so not perfect in snow.

My leather Chris Brasher boots i bought in 1995 are still going strong and are my usual winter boots, gators and snow shoes and i'm mountain ready:whistle:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Grisport! :okay:

Not doing myself any favours by sharing this as the prices are sure to rocket once the secret gets out, but getting Mrs Skol a pair of boots from them saved my marriage (comfiest footwear she has ever owned).
She's now on her second pair after wearing out the first actually walking mountains and younger son wears a pair of the walking shoes in black for school!!!

Don't tell anyone else :secret:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I tried to buy a pair of Grisports once. They sent me an odd-sized pair. When I contacted me the next day to arrange exchange I was told that the footwear I'd waited a couple of months for was already out of stock and I'd have to wait again.

I don't wear Grisports...

Top Bottom