Hi from Hertfordshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spiro

Having not cycled any distance for 15+ years, having past the big five 0 and being told I could do with getting more cardiovascular exercise by the GP nurse I have decided to get back on my bike. If my dad can still do cycling holidays in his late 70s then it cant be too late for me.
I have now dusted off my old Cannondale and got it serviced plus in a potentially mad moment bought myself a 2nd hand HPGT. Next trip was to my local Lidl to get a pair of SPD compatible trainer style cycling shoes (only £18) so I'm now all set.
Hope this weekend we will have some deccent weather so I can get out on one of the bikes. Still have the challenge of learning how to ride a bent which I will do somewhere quite, hopefully with some soft surround to avoid any unwanted bruise.

Hello spiro - next stop 'The Giro...':smile:
Check out the Community Section of this site and see what CycleChat members get up to! It's shocking, reading about us ancient folk heaving ourselves up hill and down dale in search of a pint! improved cardiovascular performance.
Enjoy reading - then be inspired to ride!
:ohmy:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Welcome. There's plenty of good riding in Herts (and neighbouring counties). I've still got a lot to explore- haven't started on the north-west corner of the county yet.

Top Bottom