Hello from Wiltshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wilko

Veteran
Just registered here so thought I would make myself known. I'm an older guy (57) and planning to take up cycling to get fitter and lose weight. I have an old mountain bike that I've had for some years now and will use that initially, but if things go well then I will invest in either a road bike or maybe a hybrid as I don't intend to cycle off road. Will keep you informed on my progress and look forward to gleaning ideas and info from you. :becool: P.s are there any cyclists around the Devizes area here?

Welcome to CC, wilko, and glad to see you're getting out your old bike again.

It won't be long before you upgrade, but, until then, give your bike a good service, check for wear and tear, and make sure it's set up properly for you.

Have fun and good luck.

And don't be afraid to ask any question on here. :becool:

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
wilko said:
Just registered here so thought I would make myself known. I'm an older guy (57) and planning to take up cycling to get fitter and lose weight. I have an old mountain bike that I've had for some years now and will use that initially, but if things go well then I will invest in either a road bike or maybe a hybrid as I don't intend to cycle off road. Will keep you informed on my progress and look forward to gleaning ideas and info from you. :smile: P.s are there any cyclists around the Devizes area here?

Hi Wilko, welcome to the Forum, I spent a lot of my misspent youth in Bratton, I don't live there anymore, My relitives do though. My son and I have been doing the Kennet and Avon canal and the Thames all the way from London. We have done it as far as Newbury so far and are looking forward to doing the rest.
The canal is great for cycling on and you can do it on a hybrid easily the track is not all that rough. Just thought I would mention that and good luck with the cycling. I think there is a huge age range on here so you don't have to worry about that.:angel: DJ.

Lambchop

Hello, welcome back to cycling. Wilts is home for me, have lived in Corsham, Semington, Trowbridge, Warminster, Upton Scudamore, Corsley....

Some great rides around those areas, good luck!

peanut

Welcome Wilco
same position as you coming back to cycling for fitness and weight loss.
Set yourself some short medium and long term goals and make some sort of program and record your rides etc and you'll find it will help keep you focused and motivated .

I have some help from my partner who is a nutritionist and fitness instructor . She has suggested I keep a food diary for 2 weeks and it has been a revelation in finding where the hidden calories are being consumed.

good luck. Hope to see you on one of the CC rides .

Nadeen

Hi and Welcome Wilko:smile:

I am riding for the same reasons as you too.

Peanut a food diary is a great idea, they really work in showing you your bad habits and also shows you when you're eating from boredom too.

Good luck Wilko xxx

Top Bottom