Hello from West London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterion

Newbie road cyclist signing in, just bought a Dawes Giro 200 (downtube shifters for my sins) for my commute to uni (10k approx)
Took it on my first real ride (15k through central london) today, slightly hair-raising - also it's funny how you never notice the hills when you're on the bus!

Radius

SHREDDER
West London eh? You should join the London crew on some of our rides, normally me, tdr1nka, djtheglove, CrockofGold, sometimes delzeqq and others!

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Hi and welcome from East London;). I also have tha Giro200 also for my sins:biggrin: Since getting involved with rides on here though I could no longer be seen out on group rides with down tube shifters so converted it to sti shifters, shimano soras coast me over a hundred quid:wacko:, it means I will keep the bike a lot longer than I would have though.;) See ya.

OP
OP
A

asterion

How west? I'm Hammersmith/Shepherd's Bush. I think some people don't consider that very west at all!

As for the haiku:

Really the trick is,
to make up words that just fit:
Querafancible

Radius

SHREDDER
I'm Clapham, so South London, but it's all nearby really. Nice haiku, although I'd like some more context surrounding unspecified bathroom objects in the rest of your oevre ;)

OP
OP
A

asterion

On a completely unrelated topic, will a little wing mirror make me look like a complete fool? Another cyclist tutted distinctly at me and I feel a little, um, self-conscious!

unspecified - a
bidet that shall forever
live in infamy

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I have two wing mirrors and they're brill.

Also for interesting photography options:
GEDC0256.jpg

GEDC0080.jpg

PS top photo is not me, I am a girlie!

Radius

SHREDDER
But to be fair Helen, Sie fahren ein Liegedreirad, so any photography is slightly better facilitated, I wouldn't like to be riding one handed, holding a camera, trying to frame a shot in a wing mirror on an upright! ;) :cheers:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Radius said:
But to be fair Helen, Sie fahren ein Liegedreirad, so any photography is slightly better facilitated, I wouldn't like to be riding one handed, holding a camera, trying to frame a shot in a wing mirror on an upright! :tongue: :biggrin:
Oooh, how formal for a forum, especially since we've met! Wir können duzen! But yes, it's a trifle easier on a trike than a bike - but any keen photographer mirror user could give it a go!

Radius

SHREDDER
Na ok, wusste nicht was am besten würde...!
I'm sure Aperitif, general camera and legs wizard, could give it a go, if he ever dained to replace his light-up bar plugs with a mirror fitting :tongue:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
asterion said:
Nooooo! :tongue: How about being all-the-better-for-seeing-you-with?
What, and miss all the photographic fun!

Seriously, though, my husband's got a mirror on his normal bike (having discovered their value on a trike) and it's not nearly as effective. It does work, slightly, but in no way ever replaces a look over the shoulder on a bike, whereas on the trike I almost never need to look over my shoulder (only to make eye contact with motorists, really).

Top Bottom