Haha road/place names?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
We have one of these near here:
Letsby Avenue? Next to a police operations unit? Yeah, right.
I checked on OSM:
So I cycled out there to check, and if present, grab a photo of the road name. Erm, no.
Letsby Ave doesn't actually exist here and it's actually just part of the Europa Way network. I suspect it's an artefact created by some wag who knows you can suggest corrections to Google maps, or correct OSM data yourself.
Sadly, the schoolboy in me chuckles too much at the jape to not want to point out the error. Yes, I am that shallow.
I’ve been up there in the van and turned round and I’m sure it was Letsby Avenue then on the road sign

IaninSheffield

Veteran
I’ve been up there in the van and turned round and I’m sure it was Letsby Avenue then on the road sign
Although I couldn't find any evidence of it when I was there the other day, from what you, @Sniper68 and @Specialeyes have said, it looks like I was wrong. Sorry folks.

Not 'funny' as such, but a couple of genuine addresses that make me smile.

1635234951353.png

The street you can eat between meals....
1635235163376.png

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Close to me, not rude sounding but still makes me laugh.
View attachment 604990
I like a game of boggle, but that's more than 9 letters and not in the correct pattern, so more of a word finding challenge:
Log, bog, leg, beg, age, eel, gel, bell, gone, bone, lone, ogle, lean, bean, been, loan, bole, able, elan, along, angle, angel, enable, gallon, beagle, galleon

Top Bottom