Getting tired of the effort it takes to save money......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm not talking size but numbers. Fine for limited numbers of people to choose to live like this, but not hundreds of thousands of us.
Sorry I was going on what you wrote. If it's not that there's "not enough room" then what is the problem you forsee?

The main problem I see is we'd have to find good ways to recycle our current big on-grid brick houses. Other than that, more people treading more lightly on the planet doesn't look like it's got that many drawbacks.

Drago

Legendary Member
The entire population of the world can stand on the IoW with space to spare, so I expect there would be little physical difficulty with the entire UK moving to Wales. It might not be a very pleasant scenario though.

In the order of 2/3 of the nations population choose to live in urban areas, so theres little prospect of everyone suddenly moving to a remote, rural area (not that they would be remote rural areas any more if that happened). I expect that most folk are happy enough to get up. eat breakfast, drive to work, drive home, eat dinner, go to bed, and don't give the banality of urban living any real thought. Indeed, a hardcore actually love it.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Getting back on topic!

My OVO fixed deal ended a few days ago and lazyness on my part meant I hadn't initiated a swap beforehand.
I have now. Switching to Avro for a 12month fixed price plan that will see me saving approx £500/yr compared to the standard rate OVO price and close to £150 against the best offer price OVO can give me.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the OVO rates seem to have improved now I am at the point of leaving. I'm sure the offer wasn't so good when they were trying to get me to sign up a couple of months ago....

icowden

Veteran
Have you thought of Bulb? I really like them. They tend to have a good price and give fair notice of adjustments (up and down) to their prices.
If you want to give them a whirl I can give you my referral code for £50 off ;-)

Skibird

I'm just looking to change electricity suppliers and home insurance, before I go down the money supermarket/uswitch route, does anyone have any recommendations or ref codes for anyone...………...……...only if they are good though.
Thanks in advance.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm just looking to change electricity suppliers and home insurance, before I go down the money supermarket/uswitch route, does anyone have any recommendations or ref codes for anyone...………...……...only if they are good though.
Thanks in advance.
I use Bulb, very happy. PMd a £50 referral link

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Neither of those came up on the Martin Lewis energy club site, why is that?

I think, ML site may exclude small suppliers, who MAY be considered at risk of collapse. Do they fit that description, perhaps?

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
The hot tub at ours adds about £1 a day, and don't mention the lads gaming PC. Our gas is just £40 a month, but electric about £160.

£61/month Gas and Electric. Two people, four bedroom detached house. No Hot Tub, no Tumble Dryer, all of the other gubbins (I think) ie Gas Central Heating, TV, Computers, lights, Sound System, Electric Oven ... etc That is with Eon.

Car is not so relevant, because it depends on individual history, car make/model etc, but, for what it is worth Renault Captur 1.5dci, myself and mrs only, over 9 years claim free, £227pa The bad news is, on looking for that information, I noticed it is due in February, so, I will shortly be on the Comparison Sites, could have done without being reminded of that, just yet!

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
Have you ever tried one? They will break you!
There is absolutely no need to pedal like that, ever!
Not really relevant to the topic but when I was at my peak I'd do 2 hours in the hotel on a gym bike and work hard.
A guy came in and absolutely punished his machine, going like crazy, made me look like an amateur. Respect, but blimey.....horses for courses I suppose.

I use Bulb, very happy. PMd a £50 referral link

I use bulb got the link from daughter £75 each. I pointed out if I went to a mse forum the refer would give me £50 hint hint, she told me to sod off!
I use about £25 a month electric I am only paying them a tenner once I use up the £75 I will go for a cheaper deal somewhere else. I am such a slag!

Last edited:
Top Bottom