Friend that's visually impaired would she be able to learn to cycle in quiet areas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randombiker9

So bassically I have a friend that's visually impaired but she can see halfway of a average bowling lane (any direction). So any tips would she be able to or is there another way for her to get involved in cycling?
ps her family have never cycled so that's why I'm asking on here.

Try a tandem?

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Why does everyone think I live in London. I do live in South east of England but I don't live in London.

Didn't think @ianrauk made that assumption. His reply was prefaced with If.
If you want more specific information than that provided, detail of your location would be helpful, as people on here may have knowledge of facilities or help in that location which might not be nationwide.

So bassically I have a friend that's visually impaired but she can see halfway of a average bowling lane (any direction). So any tips would she be able to or is there another way for her to get involved in cycling?
ps her family have never cycled so that's why I'm asking on here.
Sorry, @Randombiker9 - that first reply of mine was a bit ... "curt"? Me trying to type on a phone, having left my reading glasses at home.

Anyways - years back I wrote this on riding a tandem with blind stoker. Brilliant fun ... for BOTH of us. But it kinda depends what getting "involved in cycling" means? Dunno. If it includes riding down to the canal a coupla miles away to watch the sunset and the bats come out, with a quiet pint at a riverside pub (guess where I've been!) ...... then a tandem could well be worth considering.

Drawback - huge outlay. Otoh - you might be able to hire to try? Or even .... put the word out locally? You might be surprised to find somebody with a tandem willing to let you use theirs for an afternoon or two, to get the hang of it?

Top Bottom