Driving licence number and insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
If an insurance website asks you for your driving licence number then put it in. It reduced one of my quotes from £550 to £350.
I also reduced my premium again by going direct to the company's website and directly entering my details there.

Drago

Legendary Member
If my car insurance got any cheaper they'd be paying me to become their customer.

MSE say if you leave it to close to the end of your present insurance they up the charge significantly (the new insurance companies) as much as 30%. They have had no logical answer to their enquiries as to why?

Levo-Lon

Guru
If an insurance website asks you for your driving licence number then put it in. It reduced one of my quotes from £550 to £350.
I also reduced my premium again by going direct to the company's website and directly entering my details there.

My old paper license dates back to 1997..it looks like a relic from a distant past..:laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

My old paper license dates back to 1997..it looks like a relic from a distant past..:laugh:

I still have, in a drawer somewhere, my original red licence from the late 1960's. Currently I have a photo licence, my old paper licence got to the stage where it was almost falling apart, when I was working for the engineering company I would sometimes have to pick up vans from the local hire company, trying to get a photocopy of my licence used to make the guy behind the desk grumble.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Thanks for the tip, I will try it out in a few months time. I never give any more details than are asked for usually, but if it will save me £200 then I'm happy to give my license number, blood type and my Gran's spare dentures

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
My English driving licence is fully up to date but my French one is still the original one from 1969 and may come in handy now than Brexit is going ahead. It will save the cost and hassle of getting an international one when I go to France.

D

Deleted member 26715

They have had no logical answer to their enquiries as to why?
That's quite easy, they know you have no option but to take out insurance if you want to stay on the road, so they increase it on each occasion you do it the closer you get to the date, they know ultimately you have no option but to take it out. It's all part of the legalised theft scamming culture of the insurance industry in this country, I say this country I suspect others as well but have no experience in them

That's quite easy, they know you have no option but to take out insurance if you want to stay on the road, so they increase it on each occasion you do it the closer you get to the date, they know ultimately you have no option but to take it out. It's all part of the legalised theft scamming culture of the insurance industry in this country, I say this country I suspect others as well but have no experience in them
MSE says all insurance companies do it whether you are with them or not. Basically if you ask any company for quote near your renewal date they up the premiums the closer you are to the renewal date.

D

Deleted member 26715

MSE says all insurance companies do it whether you are with them or not. Basically if you ask any company for quote near your renewal date they up the premiums the closer you are to the renewal date.
They are correct they do, I've already agreed with you, you asked why? I gave you the reason, they can & there is nobody to stop them.

Gunk

Guru
I still have, in a drawer somewhere, my original red licence from the late 1960's. Currently I have a photo licence, my old paper licence got to the stage where it was almost falling apart, when I was working for the engineering company I would sometimes have to pick up vans from the local hire company, trying to get a photocopy of my licence used to make the guy behind the desk grumble.

Mine’s handwritten with a quill pen on parchment

Top Bottom