Cycling Workouts: Discussion/Encouragement/Sharing/Banter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Down the cycle path to Yaxley to let the rush hour traffic clear then I started my warm up for a 3x15 SS session with 6 min recoveries, down Holme Road and on the Old A1 with a few rbt turns to stay close to home. I think I played it too safe in a string wind rather than focusing on getting the power out, and the first two intervals in particular were more like tempo. The 3rd interval is a little longer than 15minutes, but it finished at the bottom of a local hill sprint so I carried on.

A recovery week for me (albeit my club TT is tomorrow) but I fancied a group ride. Lol, it bucketed this afternoon and only me another person turned up for what turned out to be an almost perfect evening. Home to Yaxley to Farcet to Pondersbridge to Ramsey St Mary to Holme (where my ride partner left). The official route went up Holme Road to Yaxley but I went out to the old A1 and missed the London Road Yaxley junction out and home. I strayed out of zone to avoid getting soaked at the end when it threatened to turn torrential again but the shower lasted less than a minute.

ima

A recovery week for me (albeit my club TT is tomorrow) but I fancied a group ride. Lol, it bucketed this afternoon and only me another person turned up for what turned out to be an almost perfect evening. Home to Yaxley to Farcet to Pondersbridge to Ramsey St Mary to Holme (where my ride partner left). The official route went up Holme Road to Yaxley but I went out to the old A1 and missed the London Road Yaxley junction out and home. I strayed out of zone to avoid getting soaked at the end when it threatened to turn torrential again but the shower lasted less than a minute.

View attachment 731022
ima

It was the ideal build up for the TT, I PB'd it by 9s tonight :becool:

ohc=rsElY_wEGrYQ7kNvgH5dbVU&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.jpg

1715894480483.png

Top Bottom