Classic Trucks, Wagons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sunday 1st

TruckFest
Newark-on-Trent

IMG_7652.jpeg

IMG_7653.jpeg

IMG_7654.jpeg

IMG_7655.jpeg

IMG_7656.jpeg

Sunday 1st

TruckFest
Newark-on-Trent

When l noticed the aluminium body through a gap, l hoped it would be their Fodens
IMG_7657.jpeg

IMG_7658.jpeg

IMG_7659.jpeg

IMG_7660.jpeg

gbb

Legendary Member
Sunday 1st

TruckFest
Newark-on-Trent

1958 Foden S20

View attachment 708401

I had to pop into Pings yard in Whittlesea circa 1977 to look at some stuff my then employer had in storage. As a newcomer to Pboro (from Notts) I found it really cliquey here and was even more surprised by (some of ) the people from Whittlesea. Difficult to meet a more miserable bunch than in his yard.
The old fella is gone now I believe but i did fleetingly meet his son earlier this year, the now owner of Pings. Nice fella, I gather most of huge fleet is gone, he just operates a truck or two plus his old show truck (s), suits him that way, small operation.

Jameshow

Veteran

Just down the road from me!

gbb

Legendary Member
The loss of Truckfest and many other shows is a sore subject in Peterborough, at least if you talk to local people, not the local council types.
Historically we had the Truckfest, the annual motorbike fests, agricultural show, Peterborough Panthers speedway, there used to be short track banger racing there, 4x4 shows,, car boot sales and so on and so on, I couldn't remember all the stuff that used to go on.
Some years ago they split a section off and sold it for housing development. No big deal, it was a section of the showground that was never really used. But that set the scene and its slowly been eroded away, added as new housing moves in, they complain about the occasional noise from shows, it's all kinda imploded and was inevitable really.
I live in walking distance and earshot of it...yes you can hear it but it never really bothered the long term locals ( that I was aware of)
Yes it's a pain when big shows are on, we all moaned and grumbled a bit....but it was good for the city, a city that doesn't actually have much to shout about, its got very little character , it's all develop develop develop.
Shame really....it just took away a bit of interest and uniqueness about the place but money talks, it overrides everything...sadly.

Top Bottom