Cheap Garmin / Wahoo Type Device wanted for child

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
Team:

The first born is now getting into his cycling. He has taken a shine to my garmin and would quite like his own,
He's only 6 so has been using an ancient Garmin with no wireless connectivity and declining battery.

Being aged 6 he doesnt need anything to special, just time, speed and distance display. Ideally with bluetooth / wifi.

Does anyone have a slightly better device they would be willing to part with for a few beer tokens?
Doesnt have to be pretty, just functional and watertight.

Captain Scarlet

Über Member
Hello, I’ve a Garmin Edge 820. I’ve upgraded at the start of the year to an 830.

The battery isn’t great as I bought it second hand. But would likely do a 2 hour ride still…..although that’s purely a guess.

Or I’m sure my sons old Edge 25 is in a drawer somewhere

OP
OP
Tom B

Tom B

Guru
The Edge 25 is pretty much what i had in mind...

Would your son be prepared to part with it in return of some ££££?

How are you finding the 830? I have the 820 and it could do with a refurb and i'm umming and ahhing about upgrading it rather than spending the £££ on upgrades

Captain Scarlet

Über Member
Really enjoying the 830. No I’ve got the battery power to upload maps etc. Screen is very responsive in comparison so very happy with it.

Our son is using his 820 that he’s had a year or two now. So happy to sell on the 25. Not sure I’ve still got the box etc, but have the lead and enough bits to mount it .

Top Bottom