Car D.I.Y.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
cancer patient neighbor asked me to check her tire pressure due to a warning light. they probably just need topping off

turns out that her driver side front tire was low w/20psi & all others were 35psi. Moved the car several times & kept checking the tire but never found any offending object in the tire

filled it a cpl lbs over & let her know. also sounds like she’s gonna need an alternator. hers is making a little racket

Hicky

Guru
The A pillar, from the usual lining failure through my effort to recover them. This failed as the glue failed with the summer heat…I retried various times with no real success. Having sourced earlier plastic ones from a donor car, my old XC70 looks less tired.
I have a few more jobs on the list, rear wiper motor replacement and investigate why my tailgate sensor thinks it’s continually open🙄
Drivers window regulator and window replacement. A door rubber replacement and glueing a plastic speaker mesh which will require door card removal…kids🫣
Oh and wing mirror replacement(edited: now ordered)….not much then🤣
Now shall I give it the clay bar, wax and owatrol treatment to get the best out of it?
Its a big car to do🫣

Attachments

• IMG_1611.jpeg
    IMG_1611.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1613.jpeg
    IMG_1613.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1615.jpeg
    IMG_1615.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 1492359C-4711-45E1-8B0E-05FD43A3A79A.jpeg
    1492359C-4711-45E1-8B0E-05FD43A3A79A.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Fastpedaller

Normal rivets will (imo or experience) have a smallish contact area at the back where the rivet compresses. These with 'spats' I'd have thought would have a greater surface area at the back, better for plastics. Less mechanical strength perhaps, but better suited for more fragile materials.

I've used rivets the same as those to fix to GRP (fibreglass) - as they spread the load as minimise the risk of the GRP cracking ........ When I bought them they were called PEEL RIVETS.

Hicky

Guru
Rear wiper motor exchanged for a working variety along with a new wiper arm and blade…now to replace the washer res…bumper off job it looks like unfortunately.
I must get more trim clips…the plastics in the Volvo are now getting brittle.
Whilst the tailgate train was off I managed to hoover up all the glass out of it and sort out a couple of connectors which were giving me the “tailgate open” warning….thanks for not doing the job properly mr auto glass. Two jobs ticked off.

Top Bottom