Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Another new to me tonight.
1000000136.jpg

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Most supermarkets seem to have a decent selection nowadays, usually Brewdog, Northern Monk, Vocation, some local breweries, and then a few more choices that seem unique to each chain.

I've not been in Morrison's for a while, but when I did yesterday our local one had expanded it's range, as you can see from the photo below, and brought plenty of new stuff in, I even found a few bottles of Kwak.

View attachment 713792

This Botanicalist was one of the new ones, and you can actually taste the gin type flavours in it, quite a nice change from the usual hop explosion.
View attachment 713794

I've tried quite a lot of those in your first picture. Some were nice others with various fruit flavours, don't work for me , if you get my drift. Also some of the really strong ones and I'm looking at you Vocation are just sickly and undrinkable for my pallet. I always default to Punk IPA or Joker.

stephec

Legendary Member
I've tried quite a lot of those in your first picture. Some were nice others with various fruit flavours, don't work for me , if you get my drift. Also some of the really strong ones and I'm looking at you Vocation are just sickly and undrinkable for my pallet. I always default to Punk IPA or Joker.

Even though it's an old one I'm still a Punk fan, although Jackhammer's my favourite Brewdog.

I like Joker as well, Williams Bros do some really good stuff and Double Joker has to be my all time favourite, it's a shame that we don't really see their products south of the border and I have to rely on my work trips up north to stock up, my liver's probably thankful for that though. 😂

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Even though it's an old one I'm still a Punk fan, although Jackhammer's my favourite Brewdog.

I like Joker as well, Williams Bros do some really good stuff and Double Joker has to be my all time favourite, it's a shame that we don't really see their products south of the border and I have to rely on my work trips up north to stock up, my liver's probably thankful for that though. 😂

Yep William Bro do some not bad ones , ALDI stock quite a few . Been through most of those . Another that I quite like but it’s strong ! Is McEwans Champion , don’t have more than two and always at the start of the night lol !!!

stephec

Legendary Member
Yep William Bro do some not bad ones , ALDI stock quite a few . Been through most of those . Another that I quite like but it’s strong ! Is McEwans Champion , don’t have more than two and always at the start of the night lol !!!

I had some of the McEwans not long ago, nice when paired with an Adam's Broadside.

Lidl always have William's Tin Man in, when I'm up there I'll go in the one in East Kilbride, or if possible the one at Bellshill as there's a Tesco not too far away where they do pretty much the full William's range.

Top Bottom