Bad back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
@cyberknight has private HC, assume he’ll go that route.

wasn’t your broken back years ago? Maybe things have changed, although NHS tends to be less hands on. If it’s a muscle spasm, massage needed to loosen off (acupuncture can help too).

i can get physio through work on company time , on site physio .When the tablets kick in enough so i can get to work

vickster

Legendary Member
i can get physio through work on company time , on site physio .When the tablets kick in enough so i can get to work

sounds good if you can get there, if not use your private HC to go to someone locally? They likely won't do much while it's an acute situation anyhow other than check there's nothing overly serious going on (based on my previous experience).

vickster

Legendary Member
NHS physio hasn't changed - daughter had sciatica and NHS referral took about a year - this is within last 6 months. If OP has private HC, get on that phone and down to a physio.

It's about a 10 week wait here, less if can be flexible on timings.
Was her condition very bothersome? If so, couldn't you/she pay for private assessment?

vickster

Legendary Member
to be fair although they are work based and its in their interests to get me back they did a good job with my collar bone .

It's not a matter of being not good, more they will do less if it's an acute spasm. Wait for the pills to reduce the inflammation and pain

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

It's not a matter of being not good, more they will do less if it's an acute spasm. Wait for the pills to reduce the inflammation and pain

indeed im doing pretty much all they would offer i think anyway , its the pain killers that will sort me out .
I do feel a bit better today but still needed to do about 15-20 mins on the bed so i could get dressed .

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Just don't go thinking you are fine if the pain killers are working - take it easy.

well im hoping the new ones will , waiting for mrs ck to get home so she can pick them up from the chemist when she picks the kids up on the school run but yes a bit of pain is needed so you know how hard to push

rualexander

Legendary Member
+1. It cost less than a boiler service and if it's something they can't treat like a herniated disc then you can get straight onto the NHS orthopaedics referral rather than delaying by waiting for it to get better on its own.

Pretty unlikely to be referred to Orthopaedics just for a suspected herniated disc, certainly around here anyway, they generally do get better on their own in a few weeks, maybe with some physio input.

vickster

Legendary Member
well im hoping the new ones will , waiting for mrs ck to get home so she can pick them up from the chemist when she picks the kids up on the school run but yes a bit of pain is needed so you know how hard to push

a couple of days into acute back pain, you shouldn't really be pushing anything :smile:

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

a couple of days into acute back pain, you shouldn't really be pushing anything :smile:
1675787012220.jpeg

ianbarton

Veteran
I haven't read all the comments, so I don't know if this advice will be helpful. Many years ago I fractured my third lumbar vertebra in a climbing accident. Part of the treatment was lying flat on my back with a pillow under the lower portion of my back to hyper-extend my vertebrae. In my case, I was like this in bed for five weeks! However, if that part of my back starts giving me trouble the pillow helps a lot.

Top Bottom