Anyone cancelled due to Covid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Monies transferred back into the bank this morning by Jet2. Lost £120 deposit because we cancelled before the 70 day deadline but no problem.
Respect to Jet2, theyve been efficient, havnt put up barriers, played silly games or delay tactics. We've used them before, we'll use them again, unlike TUI, a complete shower, the last two times we used them, nothing but disappointment and aggro.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Interesting comments from Martin Lewis re refunds.
A) in most standard cases you are entitled to a full refund.
B) if you accept a voucher and then the company goes bust it is unlikely that you will be covered by ABTA or by your credit card.
My thoughts are.....get your money back and think about a holiday when this lot is over. Money back voucher plus 20% is worth zilch if they go bust on you.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Interesting comments from Martin Lewis re refunds.
A) in most standard cases you are entitled to a full refund.
B) if you accept a voucher and then the company goes bust it is unlikely that you will be covered by ABTA or by your credit card.
My thoughts are.....get your money back and think about a holiday when this lot is over. Money back voucher plus 20% is worth zilch if they go bust on you.
It's more complicated than that. See https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...ravel-help-and-your-rights/#voucherprotection

screenman

Legendary Member
Had to laugh at this in our local rag, should be better quoted for Ryanair. Read it carefully.

Hold onto your flight

EasyJet advises review their lying program every seven days and says customers should wait until that time frame to be able to choose all available options given to them. If your flight is not cancelled we are unable to process any refund requests.

MarkF

Guru
I should be just getting on a ferry in Hull right now. Would have been an interesting ride there - with today's 50mph tail wind!
Sad face.

Picked up a bike from Ellis Briggs (this morning) and have never cycled uphill so fast in my life.

I think the travel industry pressure will build along with doubts that the lockdown was a the right path to take. I'd be surprised if I am not cycling across Spain this autumn.

Julia9054

Guru

MarkF

Guru
I’m hoping so too. I have the remnants of a summer holiday in Germany/Austria/Italy booked. Though bits of my summer holiday have already cancelled on us, it would be great if we can salvage some of it.

Me too, had a load of plans for 2020 and had carried holidays forward and booked unpaid leave. Yep, if I can salvage a bit then it'd be great.

Top Bottom