A disgruntled Garmin ebay seller

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Read the descriprion.

"Garmin Edge Touring (Pre-smashed to save you the trouble!)"

and....

This Garmin Edge Touring was a GPS device with no sense of direction. It was a bit like getting your Granny to map read once she's had one too many G&T's and forgot her reading glasses! "Turn Left", you're "Off Course", turn right and your still "Off Course"! What?!?

After a factory re-set it refused to sync or upload any maps! Smashing this useless device was a pleasure.

If you are unfortunate enough to own a similar device why not buy this Garmin to take your frustration out on. It will make you feel so much better!

This Pre-Smashed Garmin comes in it its original box, which is in pristine condition, and is just waiting to be stamped on.

Happy Bidding

-------------------------------------------

I might just bid.

classic33

Leg End Member
Item Number!

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Garmin-Ed...681894?hash=item489001cae6:g:7PgAAOSw0kNXgiZN

$_57.JPG

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Anger management classes that way! :okay: ------>

I can be pretty ratty at times, but I have never been one for smashing up tech equipment. I do know people who have smashed multiple phones, TV remotes, calculators etc. though!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
My Garmin has it's moments and I have wondered if it's possessed, but I've not resorted to breaking such an expensive bit of kit.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's funny but Gti Junior knows a couple of folk who come from rich families and always have the latest phone, tablet etc. When the new model comes out their old one somehow seems to get smashed or dropped in water. There must be a software thing built in that makes them unstable when a successor is launched.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Might be worth a punt if you can find somewhere to replace the screen.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Not sure how this works out but my old 800 stopped working properly and I damaged the USB by riding in a torrent without the cover. Went on Garmins website and out of warranty replacement was £62 Seemd a good deal to me...

Refurbed, but the one I got looked new.

Switched my garmin for my iPhone and rwgps. Did 70 miles navigation with it the other week. Proper screen. Proper map.

Garmin in a drawer until I can be bothered to sell it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's funny but Gti Junior knows a couple of folk who come from rich families and always have the latest phone, tablet etc. When the new model comes out their old one somehow seems to get smashed or dropped in water. There must be a software thing built in that makes them unstable when a successor is launched.
Yes, indeed! Of course that 'instability issue' is not entirely unconnected to the buying power of an indulgent parent or insurance company ...

No matter how much cash I had, I would replace a child's phone a maximum of once. If they can't be bothered to look after their phones then tough - they can get a job and buy their own! :laugh:

I know young people who have lost/drowned/dropped multiple phones and simply had them replaced so there is no incentive to look after them. One broke his phone and was supplied with another. He stood in front of me juggling with the replacement. I told him not to do that, but he carried on. And then dropped it ... (The phone actually survived because it landed on thick carpet, but that was pure luck. It got drowned a few weeks later when taken out in a heavy thunderstorm!)

Biff600

Veteran
I don't understand this total disregard for personal belongings, this clown smashed up his Garmin because it didn't do what he wanted it to do. Seems to me that operator error was the fault. Folk like that don't deserve anything nice.
Unfortunately we live in this throw-away society where few people care when an item breaks.

Top Bottom