Your Camping Trips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hi de hi.

We're off again for 7 nights at the end of August at a basic, but clean site. Just £19 a night with EHU. Stayed here earlier in the year as well.

Off to Fairford Air Base next weekend for 3-4 nights, off grid, for an air show

Then bike packing with a couple of CC'ers in early September for 4-5 nights.

Where are you off to ?

We've done 1x5 nights and 2 x 3 nights so far this year.

Alex321

Guru
We don't generally camp with a tent any more, but we have a camper van.

We'll be using that tomorrow for two nights at Hartlebury castle with the Sealed Knot, then again at Cropredy over the August bank holiday. And we are considering a trip to Northern Ireland for a few days in September.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I was planning on cycle camping to visit my Dad in Penmachno this June just gone. Campsite prices nowadays ended that. Damn near every site I looked at was charging £25-£35 a night for a patch of grass with ehu.

An relative of mine surprised me a little while back by asking to go camping again (we used to go a lot in the 1980/90s), we've done 3 trips so far all in Cumbria. Our setup is a little awkward as for now as my biggest tent only has one sleeping compartment so I have to sleep in a little satellite tent to give them privacy. This is all in car though we're exploring options to take bicycles as well.

Its been good so far, need a new tent that has 2 sleeping compartments but we've dug out some of our old kit to use (1 table I have pictures of being used in the early 1980s!) as well as upgrading other stuff to be more modern. Love having a coal fired BBQ again, and the last site I was at did fire pits so campfire every night was great.

One thing I need to do with them is go through our camping boxes, and strip out anything we don't need, yes it's nice to have something 'just in case' but I'm a firm believer in minimalism so I think we can take less stuff, an argument discussion for us another day! :laugh:

potsy

Rambler
Haven't 'camped' for a couple of years until recently.
2 of us (plus a decent sized dog) spent 2 nights in this, weather grim, some good walks though.

IMG_20240524_100552.jpg

IMG_20240524_111024.jpg

IMG_20240525_101826.jpg

IMG_20240526_144054.jpg

Jameshow

Veteran
I was planning on cycle camping to visit my Dad in Penmachno this June just gone. Campsite prices nowadays ended that. Damn near every site I looked at was charging £25-£35 a night for a patch of grass with ehu.

Your paying far too much I went to one just south of Newtown for £10 night.

Many do backpacker rates which apply to cyclists too..

simongt

Guru
Having trouble finding 'no dogs & no children' campsites. So far, only four between Norfolk & Suffolk.
My issue is that because of this apparent more recent attitude of being allowed to 'express themselves', both dogs & children have a habit of making loudish noises early in the morning and late at night without said noises being curtailed. :whistle:

How about this one - Rynys Campsite - £10 per adult and EHU available for £5 (per night).

Found via Uk Campsite which I think is a great site.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Been there a few times I've the years with the ex. One of the nicest sites I've stayed on ever.
According to their website though they're closed indefinitely.
Not much use on that trip though as dads is only about half an hour from there.
I needed at least 2 sites on the way there as the weight from the panniers etc would limit the ebikes range to about 50 miles. Found 1 that looked promising but there was no listed ppn unless I phoned to book. Had difficulty finding somewhere cheap around Llandudno on my route.

potsy

Rambler
Cheapest one we've been to was £7 pp, that was a year or so ago, just checked and it's gone up to £8!!

Now we only go to adult only glamping sites at 5 times the price 😁

Hicky

Guru
Having trouble finding 'no dogs & no children' campsites. So far, only four between Norfolk & Suffolk.
My issue is that because of this apparent more recent attitude of being allowed to 'express themselves', both dogs & children have a habit of making loudish noises early in the morning and late at night without said noises being curtailed. :whistle:

Ukcampsite have a great search engine, Ms uses pitchup, I've yet to have a look at that one. They should both cover the majority of sites.
We've only got one trip booked atm which is a week long in Sidmouth(we try to go to different places/counties each year).
Last year we managed three week long trips....the kids are camping pro's both my daughter(now 3) and my youngest son all were out under canvas by the time they were 5 months old.
Having young kids we only do places with good/clean ablutions and EHU...roughing it isn't for Ms H.

Attachments

• ad3c4163-cb1c-48d4-9bbf-153f9cd36473.jpeg
    ad3c4163-cb1c-48d4-9bbf-153f9cd36473.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member

so do drunk adults, and wildlife and traffic and car alarms....

Sixmile

Guru
We don't generally camp with a tent any more, but we have a camper van.

We'll be using that tomorrow for two nights at Hartlebury castle with the Sealed Knot, then again at Cropredy over the August bank holiday. And we are considering a trip to Northern Ireland for a few days in September.

Where in NI are you thinking? I can give a few campsite pointers if you need.

Top Bottom