Withdrawn: 2014 Fulcrum 5 wheels Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
For sale due to being replaced by some handbuilts with more spokes, they run well and smooth, I just need something a bit stronger on the tourer!

The rear wheel has been recently re-trued, front wheel no issues.

I reckon they've probably done 1000 predominantly dry miles, good condition, rims regularly cleaned, decals intact etc Include black QR skewers, no tyres or tubes (ok if you really want some elderly red or black tyres out of my shed you're welcome to them!)

Spec here. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fulcrum-racing-5-blackwhite-clincher-wheelset-2014/

Black hubs with red logos. They happily take a 23mm or 25mm tyre.
These are a little bit clickety click when freewheeling but nothing like the 2013s I have on another bike! :biggrin:

FYI I have no idea if they would take an 11 speed cassette :smile:

I'd prefer collection from Sutton, Surrey (or close by) as I don't have a box right now.

£90 ovno collected.

If I were to send, it would cost about £10-20 more depending on how quickly you'd want them (no paypal, only BACS if delivered)

Cheers for looking

Last edited:

Cyclist33

Nice, yes they will be 11 speed as my 2013 ones are. Actually you ought to have had a spacer on if you were running them with 10 speed...

1650g a lot lighter than the 2013 version too!

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Nice, yes they will be 11 speed as my 2013 ones are. Actually you ought to have had a spacer on if you were running them with 10 speed...

1650g a lot lighter than the 2013 version too!

I don't know if there's a spacer, I didn't fit them and right now, the cassette is still fitted. Maybe they are 9/10/11 speed then?

No, according to Evans from where they came, 8-11 SRAM/Shimano

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fulcrum/racing-5-700c-clincher-road-wheelset-ec054821#features

Mad isn't it? I'm trying to sell some Campag ones at £55 nowhere near as good nick as these though.
Sadly I reckon we have to resort to e-bay
The garden is on par with most of us who prefer a Sunday bike ride rather than weeding etc :-)

JamesK

Über Member
I could be interested in these, but wouldn't know how to move my ger (shimano 105 10 speed) on to the new wheel. Is it easy?

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
It's fairly simple to switch the cassette across, you need a couple of tools and a YouTube video. Or I'm sure your local bike shop would oblige for a few quid :smile: Also, depending on what wheels you have, you might need a spacer (although I'm very shaky on the details)

Cyclist33

I could be interested in these, but wouldn't know how to move my ger (shimano 105 10 speed) on to the new wheel. Is it easy?

Yeah you'll need a "lockring removal tool" which is a nut-tool that goes onto the cassette once you've fitted it to enable you to tighten it right up, which eg Decathlon sell for a fiver; and an adjustable spanner, which most people have or you could borrow a neighbour's, to lock up the lockring using the lockring removal tool.

(Lockring removal tool to be taken off cassette once it is fitted by the way!)

Stu

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I have a spacer but I don't know if it is what this guy needs. I'm saying he needs to check, he may have one on his existing wheels, I have no idea

These wheels were fitted new by Evans, no one other than me has touched them. The wheels that were originally on the genesis are now on another bike. I swapped them across

The wheels are already half of the new cost, and I have said I am open to offers

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah you'll need a "lockring removal tool" which is a nut-tool that goes onto the cassette once you've fitted it to enable you to tighten it right up, which eg Decathlon sell for a fiver; and an adjustable spanner, which most people have or you could borrow a neighbour's, to lock up the lockring using the lockring removal tool.
And a chainwhip to help get the cassette off the other wheel.

Top Bottom