wide pad bib shorts/tights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hudson1984

Veteran
Afternoon all,
so, I have a fat arse....
ok well more scientifically I have a wide sit bone, I have just upgraded my saddle to a nice 168mm which seems to be a nice fit, in that I can actually feel it on the parts that ordinarily are sore after a ride.
Once my current bruising goes away I'll go out and give it a good test. But I was wondering if anyone can recommend bib shorts with a wider pad?
I use Altura Pro gel bib shorts, which fit nicely but the width of the padding isn't wide enough to cover my aforementioned wide butt.
any recommendations for wider padding?

vickster

Legendary Member
Are you male or female?

Maybe try fat lad/fat lass at the back?

OP
OP
H

Hudson1984

Veteran
yeah had looked at fat lad but didn't know they were any wider, will shoot them an email

Not tried planet X so will have a look.

The local bike shop is most of my issue! I spent ages last weekend just looking for a ruddy jersey and helmet! most shops I used to use have shut and the ones that were open had next to nothing in terms of clothing.

Will speak to fat lad

vickster

Legendary Member
Endura have different ranges/pads too.
Decathlon also have a range from cheap to more costly which they claim links pad to expected time in saddle

PaulSB

Squire
yeah had looked at fat lad but didn't know they were any wider, will shoot them an email

Not tried planet X so will have a look.

The local bike shop is most of my issue! I spent ages last weekend just looking for a ruddy jersey and helmet! most shops I used to use have shut and the ones that were open had next to nothing in terms of clothing.

Will speak to fat lad

I think you'll be extremely fortunate to find an LBS that stocks a good range of clothing, jerseys, bibs, helmets etc. I'd go as far as too say you'll find more choice in Aldi or Lidl when they have their spring and autumn promotions. Stock holding is simply too expensive for most independents.

I would order as many pairs as you think appropriate from an online retailer, try and compare them all and return the ones you don't like.

This isn't an approach I approve of but it's the one I've found increasingly necessary for all types of clothing; cycling, street etc.

With my cycle clothing I know Lusso and Galibier products suit me very well so they're always my go to online stores.

Top Bottom