Whats it worth ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My drop bar MTB
based on a carrera subway i built i very rarely ride as although its a great ride i find it a bit of a lump for my needs would it make a good tourer for someone ?, it would have a spare set of new tyres and the stock tyres.
Had a new BB and the cassette and chain are fairly new
Would be interested in a more cx style bike , is it worth trying to swap as is or convert it back to flat bar as i kept the original bar and shifters
drop bar mtb.jpg

Last edited:

All uphill

Still rolling along
I like that!

However... the wheels/tyres look like they might be a bit weighty? Maybe lighter wheels might finish the job and make it more sprightly.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

I like that!

However... the wheels/tyres look like they might be a bit weighty? Maybe lighter wheels might finish the job and make it more sprightly.
indeed a i have considered that but i i would rather change for something else as the crank set is a bit longer than i like and i want to change to sti etc etc it might just be easier to swap/sell
on facefluff got interest so whats it worth you reckon ?

Gunk

Guru
Based on an eBay 'sold items search' I'd say optimistically £150.
Unlike rock bands and sports teams, upgraded bikes are generally less than the sum of the parts...

I just sold my upgraded 1980’s Raleigh Banana which I thought there would be a queue around the block for, I ended up selling it for bugger all. Improvements are very personal and unfortunately you end up creating a very narrow market for your pride and joy.

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I like it, although it is a very well regarded Carrera Subway they are not expensive bikes so I would advertise it initially at £150 see if you have any takers.
It would make a good commuter.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

well have interest via cycle facefluff page , person in question contactd me to say thye cant afford it atm as car has broke and i told them im in no rush

Top Bottom