What MTB Mudguards 2024 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Not just Brand or model….

But more to the point: frame mounted, seat mounted, seat-post mounted (For rear), solid plastic; or one of those fold up types etc etc

This will be my first Winter / ever; riding in mud, wet etc - and I have no conception of the Pro’s and Con’s of any types 🤷‍♂️

I’ve bought some cycling waterproofs, w/proof shoes etc - in order to try and stay comfortable in the couple of hours I’m likely to be out. I just need some guards to at least keep the worst off me 🤣

Bike they are going on pictured if makes any difference:

IMG_4975.jpeg

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I use Mudhugger guards that attach with cable ties to the forks and rear stays, they are made of soft plastic and easily clear the 2.4 inch tires. In Summer I can easily remove the rear guard for the drier conditions, but I leave the front guard permanently attached. The front guard has the extension section on as well, which you have to buy separately from the main guard. They are easy to fit and don't move or rattle, as you can see from the picture, the rear guard does an excellent job of keeping me dry and mud free. The front is also really good but as you can see in the picture you will get mud and crud all over the bottom bracket and part way up the down tube which in turn will affect any water bottle you may have there.

IMG_20230311_120042228_HDR copy.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I just use a front clip on guard which basically keeps the mud away from the stanchions, and reduces fling into your face. I sometimes use a small clip on for under the rear seat. You are going to get filthy on a MTB, so embrace it. Got my guards for a few pounds from Decathlon.

Top Bottom