What kind of bike is this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

faulkstar

Hi guys, I'm new to this area of forums so please bare with me, my query is this.
My friend has told me he has a bike for sale, he knows I'm looking for a way to be more active and get out and about since my surgery and he says he has this bike he would sell me cheap.

I would like to know the model so I can review the bike properly and see if it suit my needs. Many thanks in advance.

Brian the newbie

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_f59ead39-0cf2-4cce-a8d0-e729a8400a49.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_f59ead39-0cf2-4cce-a8d0-e729a8400a49.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 59

vickster

Legendary Member
It’s a flatbar hybrid style. Fine for roads, paths, probably nothing too rough off road though.
Not a well known brand, how much is he asking?
If all the parts are in decent condition, would not expect to pay more than £100/$100/EUR100 max

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It's commonly called a 'hybrid' which means it's a sort of do it all bike for roads, tracks and a bit of rough stuff.
Never heard of Ventura before but there are many brands that offer this type.
Looks a decent quality. Is it your size ?
Could be anything up to 15 years old. Above value is about right.
Ride it and check everything works. Look for wear in tyres etc. Bear in mind a set of tyres will be around 60GBP.

Last edited:
The brake style and tyre clearance is more similar to road bike. This is known as a" flat bar road bike". Check if it has threaded eyelets for fitting mudguards and rear luggage rack.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have done a quick search and cannot find it , as said above it looks like a fairly generic flat bar road bike .I would check the condition of the bike before making an offer as it looks like it has been sat for a long time and could need a fair amount spending on it to make it road worthy .
If it needs a new chain, cassette , inner tubes , bottom bracket and the wheel hubs servicing then it could easily add another £100 + to get it right .

Chislenko

Veteran
There are a few on eBay. I think, but not positive, they were sold through Argos so will be pretty much be the same bikes that were sold at go outdoors and certain other outlets under differing brand names.

Top Bottom