Well my plan was.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Squire
Well i had a plan to do as much decorating as i could for my son before the hernia stopped me.But the news tonight means it will be done before October is out,and there won't be much time between the ending of the holiday and going to the father in laws.So it looks like my son will have to wait,

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Postie, get your son to do the decorating himself, you need to get well first.
Best wishes for the op :hugs:

OP
OP
postman

postman

Squire
well hernia op was cancelled for this saturday,due to me being out in the alaskan wilds.Tme difference made me miss calls.So feeling fit we went over to Manchester today.Nothing runs smooth,carpets three of them took longer to get up what with twenty zillion staples in the cheapo underlay.Then found botched jobs done and some skirting fell off.so it was a no nails job plus filla,then some touching up.everything just took longer and me still not fully fit,anyway we did not do it all,so another visit saturday.Carpets come wednesday so a monday and tuesday visit.Decorating is not easy the painting is the easy part its putting right some twats idea of what is good,how about this,a fire surround just fitted over a carpet,which meant we had to cut up to the surround and leave carpet underneath the hearth.and no filling tops of skirtings and diy coving that needed filling between wall and ceiling.Postman is passed off right now.

screenman

Legendary Member
68 here and still do all my own decorating building etc, mind you I do not feel 68 more like 38. Being active keeps me younger.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Squire
Postie, why are you doing this DIY at your age - supervisory only. We stopped my dad many years ago.
helping to keep costs down,but we are paying to get someone in to do the staircase and hallway.even i am not stupid enough to think i could do that.

screenman

Legendary Member
Aye, but have you got a painful hernia?? :tongue:

No, but I have had and written about on here a few times, had it operated on at The British Hernia Clinic over thirty years ago, it did not stop me doing things, same as it is not Postman. Staying active and fit then helped me recover faster, this was at the advice of the surgeon. I am currently working on making my knee's as flexible and strong as I know I need TKR sooner rather than later.

Top Bottom