Vintage Worksop Reynolds 531 Carlton Professional - Dura Ace & Ultegra 2x9 Speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
A beautifully presented 1979 vintage Reynolds 531 Carlton Professional tastefully Improved and updated with mid 1990’s high quality components including Shimano Ultegra 6500 and Dura Ace 7700 super-smooth 2x9 speed drivetrain. The bike retains its vintage look with the benefit of more modern and far better quality components.

Freshly built up from a bare frame and only ridden a handful of miles, this stunning bike is now all set up and ready for the next owner to enjoy. If you have followed by build threads you will know that I have an obsessive attention to detail, this bike will not disappoint, it is stunning.

Specification

Frameset - 1979 Carlton Competition Reynolds 531 Worksop build - 52 cms
Wheelset - Shimano RX100 hubs, Mavic Reflex SUP 700c rims,
Tyres - Vittoria Corsa 700 x 25c
Cassette & Chain - Shimano 9 Speed
Shifters - Ultegra ST 6500 2x9 speed STI “brifters” with Dura Ace down tube adjusters
Brakes - Tektro R525 dual pivot, nutted for vintage frames
Crankset - Dura Ace FC-7700
Bottom Bracket - Dura Ace BB-7700
Front Mech - Ultegra FD-6500
Rear Mech - Ultegra RD-6500
Seat stem - Richey Alloy
Saddle - San Marco Rolls
Bars - ITM Super Italia Pro 2
Stem - Cinelli 1A quill 100mm

Please note that the frame was not modified or altered for this build so everything is reversible if in the future someone wanted to build it up in its original 1979 specification.

I’m 5’7” and the bike is set up for my height in the photos. Fully built up it weighs in at around 9.7kgs, so a nice light and fast steel framed bike.

The pedals in the photos are not included but I’m happy to supply some alternatives, either platform or SPD.

In summary, A beautiful retro bike, in stunning condition, sympathetically updated with a very high level of equipment.

Happy to chat over the phone if there are any questions.

£575 - Collection only Oxford (although I would consider meeting a buyer within an hour of Oxford)

IMG_4313.jpeg

IMG_4314.jpeg

IMG_4315.jpeg

IMG_4316.jpeg

IMG_4317.jpeg

IMG_4318.jpeg

IMG_4320.jpeg

IMG_4321.jpeg

IMG_4322.jpeg

IMG_4323.jpeg

Last edited:
OP