Vindec brass pump for sale, eBay.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cavalol

Legendary Member

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
That raised a reasonable price :smile:

I used to own a vindec racing bike as a teenager, the speedwing 25 (5 speed), bit of a gas pipe bike really, as were most vindec's by all accounts, cheap and cheerful catalogue bikes.
They were made by Brown Bro's Ltd, a London Company who had a shop in Hull (Where my bike originated), not sure if you're interested but here's a bit of history about Brown Bros (Vindec)

http://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Brown_Brothers

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Legendary Member
Thanks, Dave.
Sorry for the delay getting back to this thread, been mad busy again.
I'm now having some 'fun' with the buyer who's claiming they haven't received the item. I opened up my items to people overseas as someone from Ireland wanted to bid on it, and it was a mistake. The pump went to someone in Portugal who didn't pay for a fair while so obviously I didn't send it out until they had. They asked me to send it the cheapest way possible (which I did) and have now started screaming about tracking numbers. I have the receipt from the P.O and sent them (buyer) details which seemed to shut them up. It's times like this that remind me why I pretty much gave up selling stuff on eBay, I work hard to maintain good feedback but if I get one bad one because someone is an impatient fool or a liar then so be it.
Sorry for the rant!

They asked me to send it the cheapest way possible (which I did) and have now started screaming about tracking numbers.
I never send abroad, not even the R.O.I, nor do I send the cheapest way even in the UK, tracked is King IME as TBH, it's just not worth it, but you seemed to know this anyway.

FYI, if you can't provide tracking numbers and the buyer opens a PayPal claim then I'm sorry to say but you will lose the money for this item.

IME PayPal is all about the buyer. A PO receipt just won't cut it with them I'm afraid.

I do sincerely hope the buyer is inexperienced and leaves it with your proof of postage.

FWIW I'm also getting to the point of thinking ebay simply isn't worth the hassle, especially with the fees these days as well :sad:

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Legendary Member
Yes, that's exactly the problem, eBay/Paypal just make it so easy for scammers now, it's unreal. I hear a few horror stories from unscrupulous so-and-sos now, including people buying an item to replace a broken one (common with car parts I'm told) then filing a claim saying the item they won is broken and sending back the knackered one instead and getting a refund.
Gumtree can be fairly good, but sadly probably 80-85% of it's users are the ones who send you emails asking 'what's your best price/how much for cash tonight?' etc.
Personally I can't be doing with that and it's usually the sign of a penniless timewaster: if they've asked me that question then they've asked loads of other people too and are just trying to play people off, that or they can't afford it of course. These people if they do turn up to view then try and chip you down even more because they've made an offer on something they haven't seen!

sadly probably 80-85% of it's users are the ones who send you emails asking 'what's your best price/how much for cash tonight?'!
I never used Gumtree TBH as I've got in my head, (from a cycling perspective), that it's nearly all scumbags fencing their nicked wares, (no offence to any genuine Gumtree users^_^).

My town has a Facebook group called Bolton Buy & Sell, and I've given that a whirl, but it's very much like you say above, chavs and pikeys just trying to knock you down hoping you'll say, "Oh alright I'll give it you for nothing, and where do you live? OK I'll deliver it for you as well!" So I've given up on that too.

I do still use ebay but my reluctance to do so is palpable. The hard fact is they'e got a monopoly.

All I do know is start at 99p, no reserve and one picture, (I paste more into the listing from a hosting site if need be). That keeps the listing fees down, but you can't do anything other than swallow the FVF's and PP fees can you?

Oh yes, and I only post within the UK using a tracked service and to a confirmed address as well.

Good luck with your Portugeezer :cheers:

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Legendary Member
Thanks. Still no word so keeping my fingers crossed. If nothing else I suppose I can claim from the P.O if it has gone missing.
I might, just might, have managed to avoid using eBay to sell one of my fleet too, but we'll see what happens with that one!

cnb

Guru
Hey that brought back some memories..I had a Vindec speedtwin 25 when i was a youngster...My mother gave me a choice. I could either go on a cruise with the school on a ship called the Nevasser(spelling might be a little off)round the med or have a bike..I chose the bike....Still happy with the decision...

Top Bottom