Urgent help near Manchester airport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I turned up on the Isle of Man for the Pan Celtic Race. I spent the firstcday driving riders and their gear from the airport to Douglas. On the second day, I woke up feeling a bit rough. I went to registration but began to feel worse. I wanted to ride so set off before everyone else. I got as far as Ramsey and I was done. I just couldcnot get warn and was shivering like mad. I took a taxi back to Douglas. Yesterday was awful, I ached all over and could not get out of bed.

I have to get back to Manchester airport. The ferry is booked for 7.15am and I still feel as rough as hell. The ride to Lime Street from the ferry terminal is only a couple of km.

My big stumbling block is that I need a cardboard box for a bike. I have not booked a hotel yet. But it will be very close to Manchester airport.

Can anybody help me. I am in a bit of a fix.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've scrounged a bike box off Halfords before if there's one nearby.. Worth a try if there's no CCer nearby who can help.
Good luck & GSW

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Last edited:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I turned up on the Isle of Man for the Pan Celtic Race. I spent the firstcday driving riders and their gear from the airport to Douglas. On the second day, I woke up feeling a bit rough. I went to registration but began to feel worse. I wanted to ride so set off before everyone else. I got as far as Ramsey and I was done. I just couldcnot get warn and was shivering like mad. I took a taxi back to Douglas. Yesterday was awful, I ached all over and could not get out of bed.

I have to get back to Manchester airport. The ferry is booked for 7.15am and I still feel as rough as hell. The ride to Lime Street from the ferry terminal is only a couple of km.

My big stumbling block is that I need a cardboard box for a bike. I have not booked a hotel yet. But it will be very close to Manchester airport.

Can anybody help me. I am in a bit of a fix.

Apparently, Covid is rife on the Island.
Loads of bikers coming back from the TT were suffering.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Your nearest bike shop is either Halfords at Stanley Green or Rick Green Cycles in Handforth. Both about 10 mins from the airport in a taxi. Unfortunately I only have wheel boxes no bike boxes.

Glad your sorted and hope your feeling better soon 👍

Top Bottom