Tyre help please. Suggestions for a trek hybrid.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

baby-boop-boops

I have had the trek fx 22 hybrid for a couple of years now. I've rode a little over 1900 miles on it. They came with bontrager H2 comp tyres and are meant to be puncture resistant. The last two times I went out I got a puncture on each ride. First puncture I got was piece of glass which we removed from the tires and the second one we couldn't find anything. Whatever punctured the second puncture (after riding for an hour) probably came out of the wheel As when I was pushing my bike the tire was so loose and started coming off so I had to carry it to a safe place so I could be picked up.

If I got two punctures twice in a row and we checked the tires after the first time to make sure nothing was left in, does that mean my tires need replacing? They don't t look terrible but I think the quality might be a bit thin.

I ride mainly on cycle paths off road and only a little on road. What would be the best tires for this bike they are 700x 32....but they seem very loose on my wheels... I'd love some recommendations please.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Some flavour of Schwalbe Marathons would be good option. If you want ultimate puncture resistance the Plus is what you need, but they are barstewards to mount and quite heavy:

Screenshot_20240630-091053.png

Continental Tour Rides are recommended, I've had good service from them.
You could even go up a size or two if you have the clearance to give more comfort over those cycle paths.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

baby-boop-boops

Some flavour of Schwalbe Marathons would be good option. If you want ultimate puncture resistance the Plus is what you need, but they are barstewards to mount and quite heavy:

View attachment 735976

Continental Tour Rides are recommended, I've had good service from them.
You could even go up a size or two if you have the clearance to give more comfort over those cycle paths.

Thank you. I will have a look.

vickster

Legendary Member
If you’re riding mostly off road I’d look at some flavour of Schwalbe one gravel tyre. 35mm if they’ll fit (they should unless you have mudguards?)

32mm are OK on canal paths but going to a wider size will be more comfortable.
Marathon Plus are the toughest tyres but I find that the plain vanilla Marathon is fine.

Top Bottom