Two rear mechs in like new condition, Deore, Tourney

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

niggle

Two rear mechs in as new condition, the Deore is model RD-M530 Rapid Rise, has had about 5 minutes use and obviously needs pulley wheels (they were pinched for another mech, you can buy the originals, better sealed XT ones, Tacx sealed bearing ones or even dirt cheap alloy sealed bearing ones from ebay for about £1 a pair). I would like £12.50 posted

The Tourney has done about 30 miles and is model RD-FT30. It works just fine on e.g. 7/8 speed 14-27 but 28T is the limit according to Mr Shimano. I would like £7.50 posted.-SOLD

IMG_20160104_124205_1.jpg
IMG_20160104_124458_1.jpg

Last edited:

mythste

Veteran
Could the tourney be rigged to work safely with an old 5 speed casette do you know?

mythste

Veteran
Should be ideal, just bear in mind that Shimano spec says maximum sprocket size 28T and capacity is 17T: http://www.birota.ru/manuals/shimano/allinone/5VF0A_EN.PDF though it can probably work a bit outside that, what freewheel and chainrings do you have?

Its an old beater that my other half uses for 2 miles of commute, when I'm not using it to practice my mechanic skills on! I'm pretty sure the largest is 25T - What do you mean by capacity?

Ive currently got a shimano 5 speed thumb shifter rigged to the original friction based deraileur, but the tension is just too high, probably partly due to design, and partly the age of the kit.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

OP
OP
niggle

niggle

Capacity is the difference between top and bottom rear sprockets added to difference between largest and smallest chainrings. If you only have one chainring and biggest rear sprocket is 28 or less then you are home and dry. Hope that helps

Top Bottom