Triton Cycles - Loughton, Essex reviews ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
sevenfourate

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Slight projected progress ref delivery this Morning; after phones got answered circa 10am.

Lets hope they do ring back as promised: and the assertions turn out to be true....... :rolleyes:

AndyRM

XOXO
That "Delivered ready to ride" thing seems a bit nuts! I'd not heard of that before and there seem to be quite a few reviews on Google saying that timescales are... fluid to say the least.

Good luck!

What did you get?

OP
OP
sevenfourate

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
That "Delivered ready to ride" thing seems a bit nuts! I'd not heard of that before and there seem to be quite a few reviews on Google saying that timescales are... fluid to say the least.

Good luck!

What did you get?

Yea thanks. I’ve now had a delivery time slot of 7-9pm Thursday !!

I initially bought one of these in White. To replace my borrowed Sons bike - and have a ride of my own. For general ‘fitness’ rides of upto 50 miles.

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/urban-bikes-c4/hybrid-c30/fx-3-disc-urban-commuter-bike-2023-p40514

But as im hugely enjoying my cycling this year: I’ve now added one of these to use in Winter on the local lanes with a few mates…..

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/moun...-c17/marlin-7-gen-3-mountain-bike-2023-p43734

Excited as you can imagine 😊

AndyRM

XOXO
Yea thanks. I’ve now had a delivery time slot of 7-9pm Thursday !!

I initially bought one of these in White. To replace my borrowed Sons bike - and have a ride of my own. For general ‘fitness’ rides of upto 50 miles.

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/urban-bikes-c4/hybrid-c30/fx-3-disc-urban-commuter-bike-2023-p40514

But as im hugely enjoying my cycling this year: I’ve now added one of these to use in Winter on the local lanes with a few mates…..

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/moun...-c17/marlin-7-gen-3-mountain-bike-2023-p43734

Excited as you can imagine 😊

Very nice!

OP
OP
sevenfourate

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
So after my 2 x Trek bikes arrived with me from Triton - it soon became clear the build-up of the bikes was (With respect) - about what you’d expect from Hellfrauds. And Trek / Triton (**Not sure who’s responsibility lubrication of parts is - you’d presume the difficult to get to parts would have been done upon assembly at the Factory ?) appear to own no grease, oil or lubricant of any sort 🤦‍♂️

So I duly contacted Triton in the first instance. Who replied once with nothing of any substance. Then ignored me.

So I wrote to Trek UK direct. And received the below in reply. Oh I do hope I’ve shaken the Hornets nest 😉

“Good morning Syer.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and explain the issues that you have experienced regarding the Trek bikes that you have purchased and the retailer that you purchased them from.
I have made my management aware of this as we are not happy for this to happen and we are going to get intouch with the teams there to reiterate how we expect our bikes to be delivered to our consumers and the way in which they are approching aftercare.

I would like to take this opportunity to see what we can do to make this right for you. If you would like to let me know what we can do for you please can you let me know and I will see what I can put in place.

Many thanks

Matt Turner
Trek Bicycle Corporation Ltd.
Customer Care, Technical Team Leader”

OP
OP
sevenfourate

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Triton never got back to me on my issues. Ever. Make of that as you see fit……..

However after a bit of a delay - Trek have come back to me with this:

“Good afternoon Syer.

I hope that you are well.

I apologise for the delays in my responses.
I would like to let you know that your feedback regarding the condition of the bikes you purchased when they arrived. I have taken this information and passed it on to the stores internal sales team and this has been mentioned to them along with reiterating our guidelines for supplying bikes to consumers.

We would like to offer out a voucher to you for the value of £200 as a goodwill gesture to cover both the costs incurred in servicing the 2 bikes and also to cover a bit of a discount for you.

If you would like to go for this please let me know and we will get the voucher set up for you.

Many thanks

XXXX XXXXXX
Trek Bicycle Corporation Ltd.
Customer Care, Technical Team Leader”

Top Bottom