Trek Portland freebie.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
I picked up this today via a local Facebook page.
Apparently it had been stolen and when recovered it was as the picture, the seatpost was banjaxed!
I think that maybe they tried to adjust the saddle but the post was seized so it ended up being sheared off.
I spent a few hours removing the siezed carbon seatpost before fitting an alloy one with saddle, pumping up the tyres and giving it a test ride then stripped it down for cleaning / sevicing.
It has Ultegra Flightdeck gears & Avid BB7 cable disc brakes.
Needs a new bottom bracket and chain and I'll fit a new cassette with a more age appropriate bottom gear!
Anyone any idea of age?
Untitled.jpeg

si_c

Guru
A quick google tells me it's from around 2010. Not a bad find!

OP
OP
Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Any news on this @Mark Grant ?
It was all stripped down and cleaned. I spent about 2 or 3 hours removing the siezed carbon seat post, replaced with an alloy one I had, and an Aldi or Lidl saddle.
Bottom bracket was stiff, so a new one fitted. New chain and an 11 - 32 cassette along with new brake pads and bar tape.
2 bottle mount Rivnuts were replaced, I have the Rivnut tool so I just ordered 60 5mm ally Rivnuts from Amazon!
I changed the stem from 110mm to 80mm but may have gone too short, I'll ride it a bit more.
New tyres & tubes and it's first proper ride today for Ross' Sunday London Ride.
All was good, apart from a very noisy front brake!
DSCF2774.JPG

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
It was all stripped down and cleaned. I spent about 2 or 3 hours removing the siezed carbon seat post, replaced with an alloy one I had, and an Aldi or Lidl saddle.
Bottom bracket was stiff, so a new one fitted. New chain and an 11 - 32 cassette along with new brake pads and bar tape.
2 bottle mount Rivnuts were replaced, I have the Rivnut tool so I just ordered 60 5mm ally Rivnuts from Amazon!
I changed the stem from 110mm to 80mm but may have gone too short, I'll ride it a bit more.
New tyres & tubes and it's first proper ride today for Ross' Sunday London Ride.
All was good, apart from a very noisy front brake!
View attachment 745592

Enjoy! Mine always feels less fast than the rest of the fleet- but it isn't really, if you press on it can certainly shift.

Top Bottom