Trek Domane SL5 Gen 4 v Cannondale Synapse Carbon 3L

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikenewbie1234

Hi. Does anyone have any advice on which of the above bikes they would go for? Usual road usage. First ’proper‘ bike. Trek has the internal storage and internal cables which are great, but the branding is very TREK! Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

vickster

Legendary Member
Links would be very helpful. I’d avoid anything carbon with a pressfit bottom bracket if either of those have such

Jamieyorky

Veteran
I have a Domane Sl5 gen3 and it’s a lovely bike…… although heavy. I’m not a speed freak but enjoy steady big miles on the bike. Mine however has the front iso speed which I believe they have ditched on the gen4.

Attachments

• IMG_6823.jpeg
    IMG_6823.jpeg
    269.9 KB · Views: 10

Kbrook

Guru
I have the Domane SL6, lighter than gen 3 because it doesnt have front Isospeed. Still heavy though. Internal storage is good but it can be hard to fit everything you need in the pouch supplied. Nice comfy bike with 32 m tyres

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Internal cables do make the bike look smooth but make it harder for the mechanic to work on the bike . Apart from the look of the bikes there is not much to choose between them so the best thing to do is try them for feel and go with whatever you prefer .

Trek.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The Iso do dah thingy on the Domane is very good at eliminating road buzz so makes for a better less fatiguing ride. I hired an earlier version once and it was super smooth.
both bikes available in more interesting colours for anyone with a personality :okay:

Top Bottom