Trek District One Belt Drive. 60cm.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Trek District One belt drive in excellent condition with a few upgrades and has only done 400 miles from new. Aluminium frame with carbon forks.

Upgrades:
Nitto flat bars - bars just don't come any better.
Ultegra cranks.
Continental tyres - brand new.
SKS long mudguards.
Cane creek ergo bar ends.
Shimano dual pivot brakes front and rear.

Has a scratch across the top tube where I caught my cleats, it hasn't gone thru to the metal and it could be easily touched up.
This bike rides amazing and the only reason I'm selling is that I can't get over my irrational fear of carbon (I didn't realise it had carbon forks when I bought it).

The belt will do 20,000km before it needs replacing and is so silent it's brilliant and never ever needs oiling or re tensioning as they don't stretch. The perfect commuter bike or for posing down the local promenade.

£350.

I'm based in Rossendale and frequent Manchester/Salford twice a week. Willing to post at cost.

12911070193_c00c7b9a45_z.jpg

More photos here....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35131329@N03/with/12911105874/

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Damn I want that bike... but it's far too big for me.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
It is an amazing bike and it fits me perfectly and is so light it's incredible. I just cannot get over my fear of carbon...to be fair to myself I did have a massive failure due to a design fault.

You're an idiot if you're getting rid of it, the fear of carbon is really misplaced. I have a Trek District and adore it, it has been punished, even dropped the front wheel in a grid, still fine. Ask anyone foolish enough to have cycled with me from here, the Trek has taken a real kicking and is a wonderful bike.

I also love the vertical drop outs and the tensioners.

Basically, anyone who needs a bike of this size should buy it because brompton is a fool.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Very cool :becool: and good-looking bike :bicycle:

... so I'm out :sad:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
If it's the forks that worry you, could you not replace them with a Steel/alu one. You'd need one that fitted the integrated headset but I'm sure they must exist

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
If it's the forks that worry you, could you not replace them with a Steel/alu one. You'd need one that fitted the integrated headset but I'm sure they must exist
I think the bike deserves to kept intact. Plus I just don't have time to fettle any more, the main reason I bought a belt drive.

Top Bottom