Trek 2nd District ss 60cm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thegiantpeanut

Selling my beloved 2012 Trek 2nd District as I have no need for it anymore. This bike has done several thousand miles, I has been a winter trainer, tourer, commuter and I even did a race on it. Its a brilliant, fast yet comfy alu frame and cf fork for ss/fixed use. Has neat sliding dropouts which are perfect for winter/commuting use as the mudguard moves in relation to the wheel when tensioning the chain, marvellous. Shows obvious signs of wear given its age but I have looked after this very well and it still looks great. One point to note is the fact the "chrome" on the rear sliding dropouts has peeled off badly, its not too noticeable and doesn't effect the bike mechanically in any way but worth pointing out.

Bike is pretty much stock, spec can be found here:
http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/bikes/2010/archive/trek/2nddistrict/#

Parts since are:
-23c Gator Skins, fair bit of wear but life left
-Pretty much new brake blocks
-KMC kool chain, still in good condition and these things last forever
-New rear brake cable
-Deda mistral bar tape
-Bontrager silver Bottle cage, very matchy

Bearings are running smoothly and should not need replaced for a few thousand more miles. Rims have plenty of life left.
Bike is the 60cm model with a 58cm top tube. 44cm bars and 110mm stem. 44-17 ss gearing.

Picture is a photo from the summer (not ridden it since then and haven't had a chance to picture her in nice weather, can take more on request of course). The bike will come with the chain and bash guard pictured on the website. Will include the origional flat pedals too.

Looking for £210 posted ono, paypal gifted. (this fine steed is located nr. fareham, hampshire) Let me know if I have missed anything or have further questions.

Cheers!

3B99855F-5C94-4382-B03A-D3B521FBA2F6.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Thegiantpeanut

Thegiantpeanut

Price drop

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
They are lovely bikes (I have a 4th District). Not sure about the OLN of the rear dropout. The bike comes with a standard looking flip-flop hub so I assumed it was 120mm, but there's alsoa cut in the frame for fitting a belt drive, so I'm not sure. I'll have to check.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Ah I think I need to measure mine, I assumed it was 135mm because of the shimano splines and free hub.

If it's 120mm I'll be chuffed to bits as it'll give me the option of going fixed cheap once these wheels wear out.

OP
OP
Thegiantpeanut

Thegiantpeanut

If it's belt drive it will be 135mm, it's just that the different models are supplied with different width sliding dropout. I suppose this makes it easier for trek as all the main frames and identical.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Ah thanks, I get you now..I wonder if the different drop outs are available.

Just to remind folks there's a great bike for sale cheap as chips ^^^^^^.

Top Bottom