Tour de France - Stage 18 - SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Today is a monster stage and as they say it should 'sort the men from the boys'. It must the be one where the favorites try to get time over each other. We will now see if Contador can get away from the Schlecks and although this is possible, from what we have seen so far getting a gap over Evans will be the hardest task. I think that TV will either lose the yellow jersey today or at least have most of the lead time reduced.

I've been looking forward to this stage, let's hope it's not a damp squib. We know Contador has to attack, we know the Schleks do too, that the descents could be tricky, we know Evans has bad days and we've seen the Schleks and TV crack. Whatever happens, there should be some excitment and a final shake-up.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
this is, I think, the day of days. In years gone by we'd watch then roll round France and sort the thing out in the time trials, but, with seven riders in with a realistic chance there will surely be attacks and a re-ordering of the top end.

Will Frank sacrifice his own chances for Andy?

Willo

Contador's relatively poor start to the Tour has certainly livened it up as he has had to keep trying something this week and with A Schlek also needing to make up time in the GC then if he is going to have a serious bash at winning it he's now got to do something today and/or tomorrow. Evans is seemingly in the best position so guess he will follow the moves rather than initiate them. Plus they've still got to take time off Voekler. And then there's Sanchez, Voekler......... All adds up to an exciting 3 days, let's hope it lives up to our expectations!

yello

Will Frank sacrifice his own chances for Andy?

Or Andy for Frank?? Frank is the better placed rider and looking every bit as strong. Will they both do a deal with Contador, since all need to get time on Evans??

Yep, today shapes up to be be one helluva stage. I'm booking my place by the tele and to hell with the gardening!

VamP

Banned
Or Andy for Frank?? Frank is the better placed rider and looking every bit as strong. Will they both do a deal with Contador, since all need to get time on Evans??

Yep, today shapes up to be be one helluva stage. I'm booking my place by the tele and to hell with the gardening!

Yup, if anyone is going to be sacrificing it's gotta be Andy. Frank is looking the better rider this year, plus he's got a significant time advantage.

raindog

er.....
Just look at that bugger. I'd love to be up there today to cheer them on.

tdf2011_18sp_600.jpg

VamP

Banned
Yeah, col d'Izoard is the smallest climb today boys. Time to MTFU.

Christ I'm wetting my pants just thinking about it.

Top Bottom