Tour de France 2025

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col1n

Regular
Does anybody on this forum go and watch the Tour de France? If so, where do you tend to go? I usually go to Paris because it’s easier to guess a date and location before the route gets announced and hotel and flight prices shoot up

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Does anybody on this forum go and watch the Tour de France? If so, where do you tend to go? I usually go to Paris because it’s easier to guess a date and location before the route gets announced and hotel and flight prices shoot up

I hope you didn't go to Paris this year. ;)

I watch it in Normandy (and around there), if it happens to be going there because I have a friend who has a house there. If it doesn't go to Normandy I stay at home and watch it on the telly.

And it looks like I may be in luck next year. We'll find out in a month or so.

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
The only time I've been at the roadside for the Tour was when it came to London in 2007. Staked out a spot on Constitution Hill exceptionally early in the morning in order to ensure I was right next to the barriers to watch the afternoon's prologue time-trial. That did mean I got to watch the riders going through their warmups on the course, the gift giving caravan (only got one small packet of Haribo though) and even got a photo with the Devil himself.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
The only time I've been at the roadside for the Tour was when it came to London in 2007. Staked out a spot on Constitution Hill exceptionally early in the morning in order to ensure I was right next to the barriers to watch the afternoon's prologue time-trial. That did mean I got to watch the riders going through their warmups on the course, the gift giving caravan (only got one small packet of Haribo though) and even got a photo with the Devil himself.

That day I was on crutches. I went into town I never actually made it to the roadside because I overestimated my crutch hopping skills. I ended up sitting in Green Park.

OP
OP
Col1n

Col1n

Regular

I watched it in Yorkshire, the crowds were ridiculous! What I enjoyed most about the tour in Yorkshire was the French translations of Northern climbs; ‘Cote de Buttertubs’ was a particular favourite

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I hope you didn't go to Paris this year. ;)

I watch it in Normandy (and around there), if it happens to be going there because I have a friend who has a house there. If it doesn't go to Normandy I stay at home and watch it on the telly.

And it looks like I may be in luck next year. We'll find out in a month or so.

Next year it starts in Lille, and is rumoured to be going through Normandy and into Brittany.

I prefer time trials so I head for one of those. I don't go to the start or finish but pick a spot where they have the clock for split times. Usually someone sets up a bar and food stall nearby.
I never go by car but try to find quiet roads we can cycle on. Find a way to take something to sit on, preferably off the ground.
I've watched almost every tour for 20 years and intend to again next year.

Top Bottom