The Repair Shop.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I think this is a splendid program which I really enjoy watching. It never ceases to amaze me the extraordinary skills of all the staff there. Nothing seem to be impossible to fix. I hope they will carry on with it.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
It is good isn't it?
Recently though I've felt they go too much into the story behind the repairs and I wish they'd go a bit more into the technical aspects of what they are doing, exactly what products they use and why, what exactly they are doing and why, that sort of thing.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I like the book bloke too but I don't know what his name is.
Apropos to what I said above, I've seen a couple of shows where he has made a book box/cover for the book he has restored and they've just announced that at the end. I'd like to know just how he goes about making such a thing

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I think this is a splendid program which I really enjoy watching. It never ceases to amaze me the extraordinary skills of all the staff there. Nothing seem to be impossible to fix. I hope they will carry on with it.

They could film this in my workshop. :laugh:
I'm currently wading through four strimmers I was gifted last week.

IMG_20240711_192621271_HDR.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
I like all that sort of stuff, I watch it on the catch up services.

Repair Shop is fascinating, truly incredible skills.

Shed and Buried a bit more lighthearted but still interesting. Allen Millyard looks meek and mild but he's a mad scientist. He used to repair nuclear reactors for a living, but now he does daft stuff like making motorbikes with Dodge Viper or radial aircraft engines, and watching him reviving seemingly dead engines is engrossing.

Find it Fix It Flog it is my favourite. The delicious Gemma Longworth should have her own show. I'd even buy a TV licence to watch it if she were on the Beeb.

But anything where stuff gets restored, revived, or repurposed is popular with me and Bruce.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Really admire the skills on repair shop. I’d like to know more about the repairs themselves, how long they take and what went wrong. Some of the stories are a bit nauseating and overly long. I also wish they avoided gratuitous shots of pigeons or the staff doing things not relevant to the show.

I also enjoyed parts of the recent National Trust programme where they repaired stuff, although watching Olympic standard dusting seemed unnecessary. Oh and I’m a sucker for a cotton bud applied to an oil painting.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Oh and I’m a sucker for a cotton bud applied to an oil painting.

Have you been watching Britain's Lost Masterpieces?

Simon Gillespie cotton budding a painting and blathering on about varnish.
Bendor Grosvenor: Can I have a go?
Simon Gillespie: NO!!!!

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Gotta have a touching story

This was Grandad's favourite strimmer *sob*. It means so much

Extra Repair Shop points for mentioning the war.

I remember Grandad's medals clanking against his strimmer.

LOL. Its totally stupid, the fake sentimentality on that programme. Is that Jay Blades still on it or have they got rid of him?

Same with all these programmes
The interesting bits are the bits where the actual crafts people have to find out what the problem is and find a way to fix it

but we get more and more of the back story and how the owner's grandma came back - or whatever

which is fine and has it's place
but not half the show!

same with false jeopardy in some of them

there are a few AMerican shows that could be worth watching except for back stories and false jeopardy leading to shouting and false emotions

anway - enough moaning

Top Bottom